"...pure, naked, fragile hope."
Yes yes, one of the most popular questions these days is: What movies have you watched lately?
I have watched TWO movies! OMG! The accomplishment!!
Sorry. Have been excruciatingly bored today.
Kay, kay.
First off - A Series of Unfortunate Events. Yes, after how many years, I've finally watched it!
Loved the sets, and the costume, and the artwork. Acting was okay, though I thought Jim Carrey overdid it a bit in some scenes. And I loved Baby Sunny! :)
Right, second movie: Elizabeth: The Golden Age. Quite hyped over this year, but look how it turned out.
My verdict? It was good, though somewhat disjointed. Could have focused more on the war with Spain, especially the part where the Spanish fleet confronts the English armada.
Awesome cinematography though, and the costumes were amaaaaaaazing. Loved Elizabeth's dresses and how they correspond to her mood.
And the acting? Oh, not too bad. Not sure if Cate Blanchett deserved the Oscar nomination as compared to her other roles (I haven't watched I'm Not There), but I loved her in here. Loved how she portrayed her character in so many different moods - flirty (when she falls for Clive Owen's character, Walter Raleigh), desperate (when she finds herself trapped in a position that she didn't choose), angry (when she finds out about her favorite lady-in-waiting's betrayal), and a few others. Thought that the first Elizabeth movie was more toned down somehow, and her character there was kinda hesitant, whereas in this movie, she's grown up, become more confident, but also lonelier, more cynical, at times even regretful over her decision to be queen.
Clive Owen in here - what a charmer. Sure, he looks scruffy, and not very hot or handsome, but that smile and almost teasing look he has in those intense eyes...I like! In the end though, I think he was a victim of unavoidable circumstances, just like Elizabeth.
The movie may be over-the-top in some parts, but overall, it was a pretty enjoyable one. Don't worry about the characters or the historical inaccuracies - when Cate Blanchett comes on the scene, other things tend to pale in comparison with her acting. Yes, she is that good. So go watch it!
Hmm. Listened to a few David Cook videos today. If I can only get past my irritation with his smug look (the hair's looking very much better these days!), he'll be my second choice. Oh yeah. Seriously. I haven't moved camp yet, don't worry.
David Cook's just a replacement for Michael Johns, in case you were wondering. I'm still a 100% rabid David Archuleta fan, thank you very much.
In fact, I broke my record today of looking for anything related to David A on the web - 2.5 hours of pure bliss. Mmm.
Look at this and tell me if it's funny. Or true! The last part, I mean :)
Found two other David A songs, both recorded before American Idol. Now go listen to them, and tell me the guy's amazing.
Another reason NOT to trust Wikipedia - dropped by David A's page this afternoon, and nearly got a heart attack when I saw that someone had included his song choice for this week...We Belong Together. Checked back on his fansite...it wasn't true! Hah! Just someone messing around on Wiki.
Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best for tomorrow. Astro's telecast is delayed, sure, and I can always watch the performance earlier on Youtube...but no. I'll wait, like the loyal little fangirl I am.
If you're in the US and reading this, VOTE FOR DAVID A! :)
I have watched TWO movies! OMG! The accomplishment!!
Sorry. Have been excruciatingly bored today.
Kay, kay.
First off - A Series of Unfortunate Events. Yes, after how many years, I've finally watched it!
Loved the sets, and the costume, and the artwork. Acting was okay, though I thought Jim Carrey overdid it a bit in some scenes. And I loved Baby Sunny! :)
Right, second movie: Elizabeth: The Golden Age. Quite hyped over this year, but look how it turned out.
My verdict? It was good, though somewhat disjointed. Could have focused more on the war with Spain, especially the part where the Spanish fleet confronts the English armada.
Awesome cinematography though, and the costumes were amaaaaaaazing. Loved Elizabeth's dresses and how they correspond to her mood.
And the acting? Oh, not too bad. Not sure if Cate Blanchett deserved the Oscar nomination as compared to her other roles (I haven't watched I'm Not There), but I loved her in here. Loved how she portrayed her character in so many different moods - flirty (when she falls for Clive Owen's character, Walter Raleigh), desperate (when she finds herself trapped in a position that she didn't choose), angry (when she finds out about her favorite lady-in-waiting's betrayal), and a few others. Thought that the first Elizabeth movie was more toned down somehow, and her character there was kinda hesitant, whereas in this movie, she's grown up, become more confident, but also lonelier, more cynical, at times even regretful over her decision to be queen.
Clive Owen in here - what a charmer. Sure, he looks scruffy, and not very hot or handsome, but that smile and almost teasing look he has in those intense eyes...I like! In the end though, I think he was a victim of unavoidable circumstances, just like Elizabeth.
The movie may be over-the-top in some parts, but overall, it was a pretty enjoyable one. Don't worry about the characters or the historical inaccuracies - when Cate Blanchett comes on the scene, other things tend to pale in comparison with her acting. Yes, she is that good. So go watch it!
Hmm. Listened to a few David Cook videos today. If I can only get past my irritation with his smug look (the hair's looking very much better these days!), he'll be my second choice. Oh yeah. Seriously. I haven't moved camp yet, don't worry.
David Cook's just a replacement for Michael Johns, in case you were wondering. I'm still a 100% rabid David Archuleta fan, thank you very much.
In fact, I broke my record today of looking for anything related to David A on the web - 2.5 hours of pure bliss. Mmm.
Look at this and tell me if it's funny. Or true! The last part, I mean :)
Found two other David A songs, both recorded before American Idol. Now go listen to them, and tell me the guy's amazing.
Another reason NOT to trust Wikipedia - dropped by David A's page this afternoon, and nearly got a heart attack when I saw that someone had included his song choice for this week...We Belong Together. Checked back on his fansite...it wasn't true! Hah! Just someone messing around on Wiki.
Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best for tomorrow. Astro's telecast is delayed, sure, and I can always watch the performance earlier on Youtube...but no. I'll wait, like the loyal little fangirl I am.
If you're in the US and reading this, VOTE FOR DAVID A! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home