Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I'm loving an angel :)

Ooo. Warning.

THIS POST CONTAINS AMERICAN IDOL SPOILERS.

So if you haven't watched it, don't read further.

I am not to be held responsible in the event that you accidentally read anything. I warned you.

Right, right.

This week's show is one of my favourites. Yes. In spite of the theme, which was "inspirational". Thought it'd be sappy. Wasn't. The contestants did well, overall. But there were a few performances that made me go - "WOAAAAAAAAAAHHH".

1. David Archuleta

He has his not-so-good weeks, I admit. But this week...man. Woah. Wow. OMG. *fanfanfanfan* His cover of Robbie Williams' Angels was amazing. Was getting shivers before he ended. The song, as Simon said, "is one of the best pop songs ever written", and yes, I loved it when I heard it before this. David - ooo. I loved how clear his voice can be, even with the back-up singers and the band accompanying him. Some contestants tend to be drowned out during the chorus, but heck, NOT David. Sure, it doesn't measure up to Imagine (the lower-pitched first part this week wasn't very clear), but it's still good. One of my favourite Archuleta performances so far :)

2. Jason Castro

He's charming, yes, but I've never really liked him that much before this. But this week, I've gone through a major change of heart. YES. His cover of Somewhere Over the Rainbow - he took the arrangements from a Hawaiian musician, and yes, he credited the guy before the performance, unlike some people we know - was very, very charming indeed.

3. Kristy Lee Cook

Surprised? Don't be! I've never really thought much about her, but this week she was awesome. Sang Anyway by Martina McBride. She has the whole package wei, but it's only this week that it somehow "comes together".

The rest were...okay. Brooke White didn't shine, though I expected her to. Michael Johns was nice, but not electrifying. (I wish somebody would tell him NOT to wear that stupid scarf. Or cravat. Or that hideous scrap of material at his throat. Not that it reduces his sexiness one bit :)

Loved Simon's comment on David Cook this week. Said that his performance sounded "a bit pompous". Oh yesssssss. Never liked Cook - can even say I dislike him - because he looks so smug every week. He sounds smug. Arrogance, tch tch.

Entertainment Weekly doesn't like it though. But I did ;) Hee.

Read Ellen Raskins' The Westing Game, as recommended by this guy here.

A mystery, a murder, a girl named Turtle, a game, shady characters and fireworks.

Loved the book! Must read.

Got it from the Popular book sale in Summit over the weekend. Dug in the pile. I can't believe how the staff can just chuck the books like that wei. Are you mad?????

Got Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale. Very pro-feminist. Maybe that's why I've been looking for it since last year :)

Spotted Peter Carey's The True History of the Kelly Gang, hardback. Prices are not bad, but the way they chuck the books like that - the covers get bent, the pages get wrinkled, and the space between shelves and racks is so small, you keep bumping into everybody. I love book sales, but this one was just messy.

Ooo. Someone, who doesn't watch American Idol, agrees with me that David Archuleta is cute. You know who you are 8080808080

I wonder what happened to his version of Gnarls Barkley's Crazy during Hollywood week though. I'm surprised a recording hasn't been leaked online!

2 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Hey! Keep posting about who's performance is youtube-worthy ok. If I don't see any name here, I wouldn't bother youtub-ing anyone. David Archuleta is cuuuuuuuute!

AND HE PLAYS THE PIANO!

12:19 am, April 12, 2008  
Blogger Lynn said...

GRACE TAN!!! =D

Lol, now you're blogging more than I do!

Yep yep, David Archuleta's cuuuuute. Very. I feel very fangirl over him :)

Oh yeah, go youtube Michael Johns' performance for last week, "It's All Wrong, But It's All Right". And then tell me if he deserves to leave this week... :'(

1:03 am, April 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home