Take me to the riot!
Just spent an entirely unproductive Friday. And Saturday.
Oh yeah, am I asking for trouble!
Hee.
Listened to the Stars' 2007 album, In Our Bedroom after the War today. Wah. WAH.
I've heard some of their older songs, like One More Night, Your Ex-Lover is Dead and Sleep Tonight.
This album just makes me happier that I decided to take...er...can't remember whose advice (Ainaa? someone else's blog?) and listen to them.
Love the contrast of the vocals between the singers. Quirky lyrics. Instrumentation's offbeat too - bet you their songs won't be on any pop charts.
(Reminds me of Feist at times atcherly - then again, they all belong to Broken Social Scene.)
Different styles. The Ghost of Genova Heights got me laughing - it sounds like a Bee Gees spin-off! :P Then there are the soft, beautiful ballads: Personal and Barricade. Loud orgasmic music like Bitches in Tokyo and Window Bird - and, of course, Take Me to the Riot. Quirky like My Favourite Book and Today Will Be Better, I Swear!. Lovely, lovely rock and lyrics with The Night Starts Here and Midnight Coward.
Basically, I recommend the entire album.
Other songs: The Beginning after the End (intro), Life 2: The Unhappy Ending, and In Our Bedroom after the War.
Not in any shops I checked today. Aiseh, figures.
I tried listening to Broken Social Scene's You Forgot It In People. Erm. Still haven't gone through the entire album. I think I can't appreciate lar =/
Astro's being a real arse right now. No signal = my dad can't watch the Liverpool game.
Updates online aren't the same somehow, I guess.
Oh yeah. David Archuleta's fansite. XD
Oh yeah, am I asking for trouble!
Hee.
Listened to the Stars' 2007 album, In Our Bedroom after the War today. Wah. WAH.
I've heard some of their older songs, like One More Night, Your Ex-Lover is Dead and Sleep Tonight.
This album just makes me happier that I decided to take...er...can't remember whose advice (Ainaa? someone else's blog?) and listen to them.
Love the contrast of the vocals between the singers. Quirky lyrics. Instrumentation's offbeat too - bet you their songs won't be on any pop charts.
(Reminds me of Feist at times atcherly - then again, they all belong to Broken Social Scene.)
Different styles. The Ghost of Genova Heights got me laughing - it sounds like a Bee Gees spin-off! :P Then there are the soft, beautiful ballads: Personal and Barricade. Loud orgasmic music like Bitches in Tokyo and Window Bird - and, of course, Take Me to the Riot. Quirky like My Favourite Book and Today Will Be Better, I Swear!. Lovely, lovely rock and lyrics with The Night Starts Here and Midnight Coward.
Basically, I recommend the entire album.
Other songs: The Beginning after the End (intro), Life 2: The Unhappy Ending, and In Our Bedroom after the War.
Not in any shops I checked today. Aiseh, figures.
I tried listening to Broken Social Scene's You Forgot It In People. Erm. Still haven't gone through the entire album. I think I can't appreciate lar =/
Astro's being a real arse right now. No signal = my dad can't watch the Liverpool game.
Updates online aren't the same somehow, I guess.
Oh yeah. David Archuleta's fansite. XD

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home