Friday night blues
I mean...why.
Why why why why why.
Who the heck willingly sacrifices their Saturdays (and their social life - not that there was much in the first place) for extra classes in the morning?
Shouldn't complain really, but I haven't actually complained about it much to my usual person-I-complain-to. She pointed out the other day that "it's surprising you haven't complained!" :P I'm getting too old for my age, what with all this talk about The Future. It's an institution by itself - a concept, a big ugly white elephantine object - existing without the intervention of my actions.
At least I think so, right now. But it doesn't have an independent existence, does it?
Nah, no.
Just listened to Feist's The Reminder - been playing it so many times today. Loved it! Her vocals are seriously cool - ethereal and fun and...I don't know, I just love the way she uses her voice in contrast to the other unconventional instruments in the background.
Compared to Adele's 19, Feist's album has a wider range lah, I feel - at times it's super hyper, like in My Moon My Man and the oh-so-famous 1234. Other times it's minimal and stripped, like in The Park, with the bird chirps in the background, her guitar as accompaniment and her voice with those awesome lyrics. And then there's the sad, slightly melancholy songs, like How My Heart Behaves and The Limit to Your Love. And then there's the really not radio-friendly songs, like The Water and Brandy Alexander.
It's more serious in tone, I feel, compared to Adele; Adele sings about being young and free and 19, whereas Feist sings for everyone and about everything. Heartbreak and make-ups and meetings and falling in love or just singing your song because you want to.
(My emo-ing could be due to the sad songs. Dang.)
Songs I recommend: I Feel It All, My Moon My Man, Brandy Alexander, How My Heart Behaves, Sea Lion Woman.
Go listen to Brandy Alexander. Simple, melodic and melancholy. Have been playing it on a continuous loop since I first heard it. You can't imagine how weird it was, listening to this song for the first time at 2 a.m. last night with the lights out. Slightly creepy. Bliss.
Oh, American Idol results out today - David Archuleta survives to the next round! :) Now if only that gayish dude masquerading as a punk rocker/ Click Five wannabe gets the boot next week. I am so seriously pi - annoyed with his pout. And that hair. And his ego. Basically, everything about him.
One can never understand why one loves and hates so passionately. One can only hypothesize.
I need to go book-shopping =/
Why why why why why.
Who the heck willingly sacrifices their Saturdays (and their social life - not that there was much in the first place) for extra classes in the morning?
Shouldn't complain really, but I haven't actually complained about it much to my usual person-I-complain-to. She pointed out the other day that "it's surprising you haven't complained!" :P I'm getting too old for my age, what with all this talk about The Future. It's an institution by itself - a concept, a big ugly white elephantine object - existing without the intervention of my actions.
At least I think so, right now. But it doesn't have an independent existence, does it?
Nah, no.
Just listened to Feist's The Reminder - been playing it so many times today. Loved it! Her vocals are seriously cool - ethereal and fun and...I don't know, I just love the way she uses her voice in contrast to the other unconventional instruments in the background.
Compared to Adele's 19, Feist's album has a wider range lah, I feel - at times it's super hyper, like in My Moon My Man and the oh-so-famous 1234. Other times it's minimal and stripped, like in The Park, with the bird chirps in the background, her guitar as accompaniment and her voice with those awesome lyrics. And then there's the sad, slightly melancholy songs, like How My Heart Behaves and The Limit to Your Love. And then there's the really not radio-friendly songs, like The Water and Brandy Alexander.
It's more serious in tone, I feel, compared to Adele; Adele sings about being young and free and 19, whereas Feist sings for everyone and about everything. Heartbreak and make-ups and meetings and falling in love or just singing your song because you want to.
(My emo-ing could be due to the sad songs. Dang.)
Songs I recommend: I Feel It All, My Moon My Man, Brandy Alexander, How My Heart Behaves, Sea Lion Woman.
Go listen to Brandy Alexander. Simple, melodic and melancholy. Have been playing it on a continuous loop since I first heard it. You can't imagine how weird it was, listening to this song for the first time at 2 a.m. last night with the lights out. Slightly creepy. Bliss.
Oh, American Idol results out today - David Archuleta survives to the next round! :) Now if only that gayish dude masquerading as a punk rocker/ Click Five wannabe gets the boot next week. I am so seriously pi - annoyed with his pout. And that hair. And his ego. Basically, everything about him.
One can never understand why one loves and hates so passionately. One can only hypothesize.
I need to go book-shopping =/

4 Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hullo Yeen Lynn!
heh I like David Archuleta too! he seems the best so far. David Cook's not bad either, but I think he pushed his luck a bit with Simon. I rather like pretty boy (gayish dude to you). He's real funny! Dont think his voice is any special tho
Adele's voice is beautiful isnt it? Havent had time to check out her album though but I will as soon as I can! Feist is a bit...hyper/dancy for me!
I sooooo wanna go book shopping too! I'm mostly waiting for the next Big Bookshop sale tho. Best deals ever!
hoho guess what? I have classes on weekends too! Hopefully you'll be more fortunate in that this will be your only week. Mine's from 10.30-7pm tomorrow (or today as it's after 2) and a morning session on Sunday. It's been so for the past few weeks...no more weekends for me!
anywhoo, have a good weekend dear!
(btw, the 1st comment was mine too)
I want an option to vote off Paula "OH LOOK AT ME I'M SO SWEET URGH BUEK" Abdul.
Feist definitely better than Adele. But stil can't stop looping Goldfrapp's A&E over and over and over and over and over again....
Ameera! :)
David Archuleta definitely has the better voice :P "gayish dude" has the package I guess...Simon seems to like him anyway :P
Feist covers a wide range lar...the dancier ones are her more upbeat tunes. Her ballads are pretty awesome - they're even quieter than Adele's, I think...
MPH sale for members still on! Last two days!!
Heh. Didn't know you had so many classes during the weekends...I shouldn't complain really *blush*
You have a good weekend too! :)
Eyeris: Yeah hah, me too! Her comments are just so weird.
Goldfrapp too dancy for me lar. The song's just so-so for me, but I liked the video!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home