Me in real life
Odd week. It's only Tuesday, but yesterday's oddness was good enough for the entire week.
First -
1. Jam on Federal Highway - worse than usual, and not sure what happened, but it took my dad about an hour to get from Shah Alam to here. There was an accident though, on the motorcycle lane, and my dad reported that one of the motorcyclists involved in it was lying on the road, still. "Not sure if he was dead already."
2. I went into class an hour later. Yep, it's normal for you maybe, but I've never done that before XD had to correct my assignment mah.
3. Bomb scare - it was about 3.30, and I was halfway through my Accounts test. Security guy came into class and told the lecturer we had to leave immediately. Lecturer asked if we could stay a while more, so the security guy took the lecturer out of class and spoke to him. Lecturer came back, said: "Okay, pack up, hand in your papers. Then leave the class." We asked why lah, and he said: "They said there's a bomb." So yeah, mass evacuation. The fire alarm was ringing, but we didn't really notice it because the construction next door was so damn noisy for weeks already.
Right, so the street in front of Inti and Starbucks were packed with so many Inti students. (Apparently Taylors was evacuated too, but we didn't see them. Anyways, most of their classes were over for the day.) So there we were waiting, with the students along the street till SOCIT. Lecturers nearby thought it was a fire drill apparently, but then as one lecturer pointed out, there was no bomba, and we saw the police on the way out.
I went back home about 4, since nothing much seemed to be happening. Friend staying in SS15 later smsed about 5 that the police found a bag and sealed off the road in front of Inti. But today...seems that there was nothing after all. Some prank call, or some person's sick idea of a joke.
But it was surreal lah. One friend was saying that she was quite scared when we were told to evacuate - but I was all the while thinking that it had something to do with the construction even as I left the place. It just...couldn't happen here, right?
4. Malaysian Studies exam postponed today to this Thursday. I didn't study last night - er, was reading Eugenides's The Virgin Suicides (said friend: "You had a test! How could you?!"). Anyways, the sadistic dude has decided to give us two essays, both 15 marks each. Stoooooooooooopit. I've been learning History since Std 4, and it's been repeated in every major exam so far - now you want us to read the same things ALL OVER AGAIN? I mean, why can't you just give objective questions?!
5. Free coffee at Starbucks today! Lots of students went to take it, of course. I didn't :) don't really like drinking coffee. Like the aroma though.
6. Swarm of insects on the sidewalk outside Starbucks this afternoon. Not that odd, but I've never seen one this big. Dead bodies of insects on the floor - methinks it was a mating cloud or something. So the males get to pass on their DNA, right, die, and the females get as much DNA as they can, then go off to lay the eggs somewhere...I think.
Visited Book Xcess on Sunday! Got Eugenides' The Virgin Suicides and Doris Lessing's The Cleft. Lessing's one is surreal - starts off by stating that this story is based on the fact that females were the first humans, and they were the ones who gave birth to the males. They were scared of these strange new beings initially - called the males "Monsters" - and put them on a cliff so that the eagles could carry them away...and kill them. Hah.
Right, right. I very busy liao. Seems like I'll have a test or assignment due every week from now onwards till finals. Oh joy.
Somebody's 18 todayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ~
First -
1. Jam on Federal Highway - worse than usual, and not sure what happened, but it took my dad about an hour to get from Shah Alam to here. There was an accident though, on the motorcycle lane, and my dad reported that one of the motorcyclists involved in it was lying on the road, still. "Not sure if he was dead already."
2. I went into class an hour later. Yep, it's normal for you maybe, but I've never done that before XD had to correct my assignment mah.
3. Bomb scare - it was about 3.30, and I was halfway through my Accounts test. Security guy came into class and told the lecturer we had to leave immediately. Lecturer asked if we could stay a while more, so the security guy took the lecturer out of class and spoke to him. Lecturer came back, said: "Okay, pack up, hand in your papers. Then leave the class." We asked why lah, and he said: "They said there's a bomb." So yeah, mass evacuation. The fire alarm was ringing, but we didn't really notice it because the construction next door was so damn noisy for weeks already.
Right, so the street in front of Inti and Starbucks were packed with so many Inti students. (Apparently Taylors was evacuated too, but we didn't see them. Anyways, most of their classes were over for the day.) So there we were waiting, with the students along the street till SOCIT. Lecturers nearby thought it was a fire drill apparently, but then as one lecturer pointed out, there was no bomba, and we saw the police on the way out.
I went back home about 4, since nothing much seemed to be happening. Friend staying in SS15 later smsed about 5 that the police found a bag and sealed off the road in front of Inti. But today...seems that there was nothing after all. Some prank call, or some person's sick idea of a joke.
But it was surreal lah. One friend was saying that she was quite scared when we were told to evacuate - but I was all the while thinking that it had something to do with the construction even as I left the place. It just...couldn't happen here, right?
4. Malaysian Studies exam postponed today to this Thursday. I didn't study last night - er, was reading Eugenides's The Virgin Suicides (said friend: "You had a test! How could you?!"). Anyways, the sadistic dude has decided to give us two essays, both 15 marks each. Stoooooooooooopit. I've been learning History since Std 4, and it's been repeated in every major exam so far - now you want us to read the same things ALL OVER AGAIN? I mean, why can't you just give objective questions?!
5. Free coffee at Starbucks today! Lots of students went to take it, of course. I didn't :) don't really like drinking coffee. Like the aroma though.
6. Swarm of insects on the sidewalk outside Starbucks this afternoon. Not that odd, but I've never seen one this big. Dead bodies of insects on the floor - methinks it was a mating cloud or something. So the males get to pass on their DNA, right, die, and the females get as much DNA as they can, then go off to lay the eggs somewhere...I think.
Visited Book Xcess on Sunday! Got Eugenides' The Virgin Suicides and Doris Lessing's The Cleft. Lessing's one is surreal - starts off by stating that this story is based on the fact that females were the first humans, and they were the ones who gave birth to the males. They were scared of these strange new beings initially - called the males "Monsters" - and put them on a cliff so that the eagles could carry them away...and kill them. Hah.
Right, right. I very busy liao. Seems like I'll have a test or assignment due every week from now onwards till finals. Oh joy.
Somebody's 18 todayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ~

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home