Friday, January 25, 2008

Is it still 42?

I love irony!

Which isn't funny at all in the first place, but what the hell. I is don't caring about your opinions liao.

Juno will be released in Singapore on the 14th of February, which when you think about it, is ironic.

From a random convo -

Me says: juno going to be released in sgpore on feb 14

Me says: kewl date eh?

Me says: "this is what will happen if we have unprotected sex"

Other person says: LOL

Other person says: u shag on v-day, u gets a baby, savvy?

When will it be released here? =/

Hah. Found an odd remark in the NST a few days ago in a review on Sweeney Todd. Seems that the reviewer thinks that the movie is "a perfect date movie". Riiiiiight.

Oh yeah, Facebook.

Mine is a sitting white elephant. I don't feel the urge to poke everyone on my friends list every other day, for some strange reason. And...my Fluffy pet is a radish named Jojo. I wonder whether random people - especially guys - would stop petting it if they knew that I intended the puir wee radish to be a male. *shrugs* I dunno really. I guess you can't tell the difference in radishes.

Oooo. Seventeen mag is out with their V Day issue! Nicholas Saputra on the cover. *yay!*

And they talk all about how to have the perfect V Day!

At least they're not going into the whole "how to have fun on V Day when you're single and lonely and everyone else is having fun without you".

I don't have anything against V Day. Really. I'm not some crabby old woman railing against humanity and love and couples at every opportunity I can get because I never get any...er, the humanity and the love I do get, but the couple-couple stuff I don't need now mah. Still have to study-study hor, vely young wat, after I fail all my subjek-subjek how?

Sides, I haven't actually met anyone yet, you know, from the "opposite sex" (as Austen loves to put it) who could make me think that - 'Ooo looky, I like to spend the rest of my life with you!'

No. But I'm not going to do a Marianne Dashwood either, who at age 16 1/2 decided that she would never meet a man who could make her fall madly in love with him.

Right, right, I'm not going cynical or anything. I'm just trying to work out why people make a big fuss of V Day when you can always get flowers/presents/chocolates for their significant others on any other day and at cheaper prices too.

Hmm, conundrum. (I can feel myself getting that little bit older, that little bit more boring, that little bit more out of the market...oh noes, I'm going emo! I'm too young to be emo! Noooooooo!)

Someone posed a question to me the other day: "What if a guy gives you an expensive present on V Day - but you don't know him well - would you accept the present?"

Would you now? (It's a hypothetical question, btw, I'm not hinting at anything. Guy must be mental to give something that expensive to me - unless, of course, it's tickets to see KT Tunstall live in concert in Singapore.)

Mowing on...

Hang Li Po on Wiki...blimey, she's not pretty!

And...learn all about Malaysia on Wikipedia!

Says you: Eh this girl no life wan hor.

Says me: Eh yeah hor. How come like dat wan ah?

Says you: Eh you got no homewerk wan meh?

Says me: Eh got oso lar, but I lazy how?

Says you: Tak lawak pun.

Says me: I know. But I can't stop typing. Argh man - holddit - I'm getting another existential crisis! What is my purpose in life? Who am I? Why am I here? Why am I blogging? Why am I being so not funny at all? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!

Says you: Apani?

Says me: I dunno. Eh late liao, I go tidur now. Bai bai!

Says you: =.=" Waste my time oni.

In a nutshell: You're a self-absorbed, narcissistic, poser little emo adolescent, Miss Blogger, and don't you know baby, I'm telling you about yourself as it is.

Ah great. Am too sleepy to think straight now atcherly. Haiyo, you probably dah scroll down to read the last line anyways.

And when I opened my eyes, the world was born anew.

"I am but too conscious of the fact that we are born in an age when only the dull are treated seriously, and I live in terror of not being misunderstood." - Wilde [of course]

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirstin Wong said...

lol, interesting way to look at v day XP

i watched juno oledi!

11:54 pm, January 31, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home