In which I attempt to bitch about nameless girls I overheard bitching
Went out for supper. Mamak. Sat beside this table of three girls. Around my age. Usual scene lar.
Heard everything they were talking. Hot ang moh-like guys - "He's so hot wei! He sounds like a Canadian! Looks like Canadian! But he's Indian/Chinese mix!" Right. Talking about going overseas and having lots of guys to ogle over. (I've never thought of that before, oddly. On the other hand, Utah is miles away from where I'm going anyway.)
They moved on to celebs. They abso-effing-lutely love Brad Pitt. Right. Telling.
Clubbing. One girl said, "Let's go to Laundry!" And then she continued, "OMG I don't want to go to any more clubs wei - I always get raided!"
Look, girlie. You cannot be raided. I don't think the police has authority to "raid" you. They can, however, raid the location you happen to be in.
And then they moved on to other girls. Ooo, this is where you get to hear how vicious girls can be. (Ahem.) Talking about some girl. "She looks very innocent." Okay. "She's not pretty." Right. "Saying she's not pretty is an understatement." Ooo, bitch. D'you think you're that pretty izit? And then one said: "She looks like a nerd what", in that "OMG I'M SO GORGEOUS THEREFORE I HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE CONTEMPTUOUS TOWARDS YOU" voice.
Funny thing was, she's a nerd. She LOOKS nerdy. As nerdy as me. Hypocrite. Bitching about some poor unknown girl who isn't there because she looks like a nerd to you. Heck, the first impression I had of that girl - all in a split second - was "N.E.R.D!!!" screaming over her head.
Wannabes.
Jeez. I have so much frustration, I'm actually bitching about girls I don't even know. And who would, I might add, completely ignore me if they knew me in the first place. Because, you see, I would never be "cool" enough for them.
Granted, I don't see the point of being like them.
Anyways. I am tired tired tired of people forgetting my name in college. I mean, you can practically interrogate me about my results, my unis of choice, my plans for the future, but you can't take the effing initiative to remember my name?
See this freaking boring face? FYI, IT HAS A NAME. And with the name, there comes a personality. Boring though it may be, this boring person is actually pissed off when you don't make the effort to remember my freaking name.
I mean, how hard is it to remember "Lynn"?
There's an upside to this though. I AM SICK of hearing people gossip about each other. No, I DON'T CARE if you have a perfect 4.0 CGPA. I DON'T CARE if you aren't attending classes. I DON'T CARE if your boyfriend is drop-dead gorgeous or not. I'm not that memorable, therefore, I can assume that I am hardly the topic of any gossip.
Add to that, I have this impression that I'm becoming like some superfluous pet or something. "Aww...Lynn's angry. Small thing only what. Let's humour her, shall we?"
No.
Fuck off.
Heard everything they were talking. Hot ang moh-like guys - "He's so hot wei! He sounds like a Canadian! Looks like Canadian! But he's Indian/Chinese mix!" Right. Talking about going overseas and having lots of guys to ogle over. (I've never thought of that before, oddly. On the other hand, Utah is miles away from where I'm going anyway.)
They moved on to celebs. They abso-effing-lutely love Brad Pitt. Right. Telling.
Clubbing. One girl said, "Let's go to Laundry!" And then she continued, "OMG I don't want to go to any more clubs wei - I always get raided!"
Look, girlie. You cannot be raided. I don't think the police has authority to "raid" you. They can, however, raid the location you happen to be in.
And then they moved on to other girls. Ooo, this is where you get to hear how vicious girls can be. (Ahem.) Talking about some girl. "She looks very innocent." Okay. "She's not pretty." Right. "Saying she's not pretty is an understatement." Ooo, bitch. D'you think you're that pretty izit? And then one said: "She looks like a nerd what", in that "OMG I'M SO GORGEOUS THEREFORE I HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE CONTEMPTUOUS TOWARDS YOU" voice.
Funny thing was, she's a nerd. She LOOKS nerdy. As nerdy as me. Hypocrite. Bitching about some poor unknown girl who isn't there because she looks like a nerd to you. Heck, the first impression I had of that girl - all in a split second - was "N.E.R.D!!!" screaming over her head.
Wannabes.
Jeez. I have so much frustration, I'm actually bitching about girls I don't even know. And who would, I might add, completely ignore me if they knew me in the first place. Because, you see, I would never be "cool" enough for them.
Granted, I don't see the point of being like them.
Anyways. I am tired tired tired of people forgetting my name in college. I mean, you can practically interrogate me about my results, my unis of choice, my plans for the future, but you can't take the effing initiative to remember my name?
See this freaking boring face? FYI, IT HAS A NAME. And with the name, there comes a personality. Boring though it may be, this boring person is actually pissed off when you don't make the effort to remember my freaking name.
I mean, how hard is it to remember "Lynn"?
There's an upside to this though. I AM SICK of hearing people gossip about each other. No, I DON'T CARE if you have a perfect 4.0 CGPA. I DON'T CARE if you aren't attending classes. I DON'T CARE if your boyfriend is drop-dead gorgeous or not. I'm not that memorable, therefore, I can assume that I am hardly the topic of any gossip.
Add to that, I have this impression that I'm becoming like some superfluous pet or something. "Aww...Lynn's angry. Small thing only what. Let's humour her, shall we?"
No.
Fuck off.

4 Comments:
Hullo Yeen Lynn.
I like your name so I remembered.
I think the only problem I had was with (I bugged Shahira for a while) the combo (Lynn Tan Yeen Lynn, Yeen Lynn, do I call her Lynn, or Yeen Lynn? etc...)
Dear God, nothing is more venomous than a group of girls gossiping!
I've seen girls go at it for hours on end.
If you've got a killer stare, give it to those people who make a 'pet' out of you. Does sound very annoying.
And you're not boring. They're very very few people like you around college. Everyone's always talking about someone and nobody really likes to talk about more significant issues.
Back to those 3 girls.
I dont think you'll ever turn into one of them tho. You're much too intelligent for that.
I think your most prized asset is your simplicity. No pride in superficiality.
and a little quote:
strong minds talk about ideas, weak minds talk about people
hope you have a good week. Take care.
Thanks, Ameera :)
Just been having a really stressful time, so I guess I kind of blew it off on this post...
Thanks for the comment. You made my week!
mi amor,my friends said they saw you and they waved at you! but u didnt see them =(. Sry last week didn have credit and even today no credit to call you. next time call me okay!
And i TOTALLY remember your name!
Tan Yeen Lynn/ Tyla Banks/ Mi amor!.
Which one you want me to call you? =D. Take care!
Hey Yuvyhavy!
Had presentation that day, so lunch was a bit rushed, since I had to practise.
Call me Yeen Lynn!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home