Dreams ARE possible lah!
Blimey. Did anyone see the review in StarMag two days ago - or was it StarTwo on Friday - about the new book by our very own hot, handsome, wonderful, truly Malaysian angkasawan? Not!
Dude. Enough already!
And the tagline for this whole space program thingy is lame lah - "Dreams are possible". Of course they are, I agree with you on that. But wouldn't it mean better if it read "Dreams can be made possible" instead? Guess it's not as catchy as the original; but whaddaya know, nit-picking, obnoxious, unimaginative people like me, you know, think the tagline doesn't mean right.
And looks like someone's going to be on the cover of MPH's book magazine, The Quill. Aiyer. Looks so poser wan.
Remember the whole hoo-ha before the guy was blasted off into space? About the teh tarik-nasi lemak-congkak-let's show our patriotism by bringing traditional games-thing before he finally got into space? What happened to the scientific experiments ah? The, erm, tests on human body?
Seriously, though. If I were still in school, I wouldn't be that much inspired by his success of going into space. First things first: Will the government fund my trip of a lifetime? Secondly: Will I be accepted into space programs overseas, hang the whole "I'm doing it for Malaysia!" thing?
Not likely, eh.
I don't know about you, but even after all those years of Moral and Sejarah, I don't actually feel that much love for the country...the people, yes (certain ones, anyway), but not the country in general. The culture, yes; the quirks and flaws, yes; society, yes - but love for the country, "I'm willing to sacrifice myself for thee and only thee"...no.
And all this totally unnecessary business of getting us to go through LAN subjects in college - what the hell. Like this last ditch attempt to ding all things Malaysian and love for thy country in our heads is going to have much effect in the first place.
Malaysian studies this semester...hell. History has always been biased, right, and the textbook for this course hasn't changed much in tone (and political leanings) from our school ones. For example, we were covering the chapter on the ethnic composition of the Malaysian population in class today, and one sentence about why Singapore broke away from Malaysia caught my eye. "It is only in the recent decades, that several insulting (?) views have emerged, proposed by the People's Action Party (PAP) of Singapore in 1964 to create the concept of "Malaysian Malaysia"." Interesting. Another much MORE recent political party in Malaysia has advocated this concept till today, but lo! Didja ever notice the name of this party in our textbooks? (Or have this party and the others become history, as our textbooks would like to imply to us till today?)
What is insulting about having your own views, much more a political party having their own? Jeez, it's democracy, innit.
I am not, as you would like to think, anti-government. Or against the establishment. I just wish they would actually make the right effort to get us to love the country (and the government) willingly. Now with all the hokey businesses done by the old state governments being unearthed by the new state governments over these past few weeks...don't you feel, in a way, somewhat relieved that you didn't vote for the old ruling? (I do.)
On a much, much more exciting note, American Idol performances will be shown tomorrow!
DAVID! ARCHULETA!!!!! :)
Dude. Enough already!
And the tagline for this whole space program thingy is lame lah - "Dreams are possible". Of course they are, I agree with you on that. But wouldn't it mean better if it read "Dreams can be made possible" instead? Guess it's not as catchy as the original; but whaddaya know, nit-picking, obnoxious, unimaginative people like me, you know, think the tagline doesn't mean right.
And looks like someone's going to be on the cover of MPH's book magazine, The Quill. Aiyer. Looks so poser wan.
Remember the whole hoo-ha before the guy was blasted off into space? About the teh tarik-nasi lemak-congkak-let's show our patriotism by bringing traditional games-thing before he finally got into space? What happened to the scientific experiments ah? The, erm, tests on human body?
Seriously, though. If I were still in school, I wouldn't be that much inspired by his success of going into space. First things first: Will the government fund my trip of a lifetime? Secondly: Will I be accepted into space programs overseas, hang the whole "I'm doing it for Malaysia!" thing?
Not likely, eh.
I don't know about you, but even after all those years of Moral and Sejarah, I don't actually feel that much love for the country...the people, yes (certain ones, anyway), but not the country in general. The culture, yes; the quirks and flaws, yes; society, yes - but love for the country, "I'm willing to sacrifice myself for thee and only thee"...no.
And all this totally unnecessary business of getting us to go through LAN subjects in college - what the hell. Like this last ditch attempt to ding all things Malaysian and love for thy country in our heads is going to have much effect in the first place.
Malaysian studies this semester...hell. History has always been biased, right, and the textbook for this course hasn't changed much in tone (and political leanings) from our school ones. For example, we were covering the chapter on the ethnic composition of the Malaysian population in class today, and one sentence about why Singapore broke away from Malaysia caught my eye. "It is only in the recent decades, that several insulting (?) views have emerged, proposed by the People's Action Party (PAP) of Singapore in 1964 to create the concept of "Malaysian Malaysia"." Interesting. Another much MORE recent political party in Malaysia has advocated this concept till today, but lo! Didja ever notice the name of this party in our textbooks? (Or have this party and the others become history, as our textbooks would like to imply to us till today?)
What is insulting about having your own views, much more a political party having their own? Jeez, it's democracy, innit.
I am not, as you would like to think, anti-government. Or against the establishment. I just wish they would actually make the right effort to get us to love the country (and the government) willingly. Now with all the hokey businesses done by the old state governments being unearthed by the new state governments over these past few weeks...don't you feel, in a way, somewhat relieved that you didn't vote for the old ruling? (I do.)
On a much, much more exciting note, American Idol performances will be shown tomorrow!
DAVID! ARCHULETA!!!!! :)

3 Comments:
What an inspiring post!
I support your point...! (yep everything above that you mentioned)
anyway... that magazine... just look like an ordinary guy who pose with a....... space magazine? lolx~
Lol, thanks, pea! :) Hee you took time to read my rant! XD
That guy's just a poser lar, I think. So poserrrrrrrrr... :P
haha~ dun worry~ you "speak out" what I have in my mind too~~~! Wee~~~
he IS poser~
BUT I wonder when will YOU be the poser~ hehehe~
post some photos wey~
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home