Like...woah.
Right. American Idol. One blog post and then I'm off to hit the books. It's been really harrowing to wait for today, what with Accounts to study and all. (But who the heck studies Accounts when there's David A eh? :)
Ah. Just watched. And here are my favorite performances!
1. David Cook
Shocked? Don't be. He was awesome. I mean...wow. I was already brain-mushed enough over David A's performance (he was the first contestant up), but I loved Cook's performance. Was having doubts at first, I mean...the song title was Always Be My Baby. But hell, he did brilliantly.
And for the first time ever, I liked him, when the judges commented on his performance. He didn't try to talk back, or give some other snide reply. And those tears kinda softened me up. Methinks that was his brother in the audience.
See Mr. I-don't-think-David-Archuleta-is-that-good? I give credit where it's due, unlike some people.
2. David Archuleta
Oh yesssss. When You Believe was one of the top choices the fans wanted him to sing on the forums, and according to Mr. Cowell, he knew David A was going to choose that song.
And hell did he do it justice! I loved his voice there, and that falsetto was...cool. Very. Man I think I'm getting another fan attack.
I'm having another brain mush. And he looked so cuuuuute in that red shirt. Have always seen him perform in jackets or that white long-sleeved shirt last week, so this week was a good change. Methinks he needs to wear more shirts like this. (And fandom agrees with me - just go look at the posts going gaga over his clothes.) But...leather pants? I lol'ed at that!
If Michael Johns or even David Cook had worn them, maybe it would have a bigger impact. David A's persona doesn't, you know, suit leather pants. Just my opinion ;)
Then again, like Chin Lei said, "it's not his fault he's so kewt".
Loved how he went fanboy around Mariah Carey. That line - "I'm not worthy to be in her presence" made me laugh! Still humble, still unfazed by the attention he's getting.
[Number of fans converted to David A fandom - 1]
[Number of fans still to convert - 1 and counting]
Overall though, it wasn't quite the disaster the judges expected. The guys did better, what with their effort to reinvent the songs and make them sound like their own. Girls did...okay. And finally -
3. Jason Castro
Just go watch his performance. Very laidback, very his style. Thought he has that indie sound, but it wasn't as good, IMO, as compared to the two above.
Brooke's getting boring. Liked her earlier, especially when she did Let It Be. Now...meh.
Now if you'll excuse me, I be obsessing over this beautiful boy again.
Ah. Just watched. And here are my favorite performances!
1. David Cook
Shocked? Don't be. He was awesome. I mean...wow. I was already brain-mushed enough over David A's performance (he was the first contestant up), but I loved Cook's performance. Was having doubts at first, I mean...the song title was Always Be My Baby. But hell, he did brilliantly.
And for the first time ever, I liked him, when the judges commented on his performance. He didn't try to talk back, or give some other snide reply. And those tears kinda softened me up. Methinks that was his brother in the audience.
See Mr. I-don't-think-David-Archuleta-is-that-good? I give credit where it's due, unlike some people.
2. David Archuleta
Oh yesssss. When You Believe was one of the top choices the fans wanted him to sing on the forums, and according to Mr. Cowell, he knew David A was going to choose that song.
And hell did he do it justice! I loved his voice there, and that falsetto was...cool. Very. Man I think I'm getting another fan attack.
I'm having another brain mush. And he looked so cuuuuute in that red shirt. Have always seen him perform in jackets or that white long-sleeved shirt last week, so this week was a good change. Methinks he needs to wear more shirts like this. (And fandom agrees with me - just go look at the posts going gaga over his clothes.) But...leather pants? I lol'ed at that!
If Michael Johns or even David Cook had worn them, maybe it would have a bigger impact. David A's persona doesn't, you know, suit leather pants. Just my opinion ;)
Then again, like Chin Lei said, "it's not his fault he's so kewt".
Loved how he went fanboy around Mariah Carey. That line - "I'm not worthy to be in her presence" made me laugh! Still humble, still unfazed by the attention he's getting.
[Number of fans converted to David A fandom - 1]
[Number of fans still to convert - 1 and counting]
Overall though, it wasn't quite the disaster the judges expected. The guys did better, what with their effort to reinvent the songs and make them sound like their own. Girls did...okay. And finally -
3. Jason Castro
Just go watch his performance. Very laidback, very his style. Thought he has that indie sound, but it wasn't as good, IMO, as compared to the two above.
Brooke's getting boring. Liked her earlier, especially when she did Let It Be. Now...meh.
Now if you'll excuse me, I be obsessing over this beautiful boy again.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home