Monday, January 01, 2007

Long ago...

...in a galaxy far, far away, there was an extremely hospitable and friendly planet named Earth. Evolution had progressed smoothly for millions of years - though there were several hiccups; remember the Big Rock which fell from the sky and wiped out those ugly reptiles? - and by the year 2006, a homo sapien (also known as a descendant of the apes) reached the age of sixteen in a healthy frame of mind and body. (Though the frame of body is much too healthy for her liking in this era of emaciated beautiful women.)

And thus, the year rolls around on its well-oiled axis, with January grinding to February, and so on to the 19th of August (which is, of course, a very important day) till the 31st of December.

The homo sapien sits before the magic box and types:

IT'S A NEW YEAR! YEAR 2007!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU! AND YOU! AND YOU!

I am thankful that I have reached to this day, but not so thankful that I still can't drive, being the ungrateful fool that I am.

RapidKL is really good! (Grace! I loved the bus! =) Even the driver was so friendly. Well my mum talked to him, what with her precious daughter having to take public transport on certain days next year.

Went to the road past Mydin and near Grace's house to watch the fireworks from Sunway. S-P-E-C-T-A-C-U-L-A-R. Shame we couldn't go this year yeah? Maybe next year then, when most of us would be able to drive. (And some people will be old enough to drink alcohol. But they won't be minors anymore, which means that when they're convicted of crimes, the punishments are heavier. Oh well, give and take.)

Right now, the rest of the family are watching Star Wars Episode 3, which was marginally better than the sop fest of Episode 2. Yay. I'm so happy. But Hayden Christensen looked quite good...hmm...

Funny thing, I never got to watch so many movies I wanted to in 2006. Kinda sad, really.

And now the after effects of that teh tarik wear off, and I'm left writing sentimental mush about one of the best years in my life.

I'm not going to have any New Year resolutions. I don't keep them anyway.

Happy New Year, everyone. Good luck.

You know you love me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

Oh yes, he was. But I thought he was cuter than "hot". Those ears!

5:11 pm, January 01, 2007  
Blogger Grace said...

LYNN! Why didn't you call then? Sniff sniff. We could have watched together!

Glad you love the bus. Everytime I reach home - and step down on the grond where the bus stops.. I feel like going up to the driver and giving him a big hug. My bus to freedom man! Well, before I (hopefully) drive la.

Time has just walked by.. it seemed like years before everything happened. But once it's over - you look back and say it's all happened so fast.

What a teaser man.

7:50 am, January 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lololol... HEYA!!
Happy New Year... well maybe a few days late but hey!! we're still in a new year right? Anyways... y didn't u make it to Sunway for the fireworks?? It was spectacular and they had a smaller fireworks show by the surf pool(can't see from home)... Oh and u can get 1st class royal box or watever crap view from any shop/restaurants that has a window facing the lagoon as long as u order one of their "chefs recommendation......" Okay... lets move on... COLLEGE!! How was/is it?? Can't say else more... out of ideas and words... Well... CYA SOON!! I hope...think...guess...

p.s. darn that earthquake... RUINS EVERYTHING... well not so... internet connection seems just a lil slower than usual for me...XD

-X2- Painfully Beautiful.

12:15 am, January 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home