A comical tragedy or a tragical comedy
Gaiman's new illustrated novel with Dave McKean, Mr Punch had this subtitle: A comical tragedy or a tragical comedy. Not surprisingly, it costs a bomb. Evil people. Not them, those people who can't reduce the prices of books and music. And who are they really?
Tak nak tahu pun. But they've been draining my resources for a long time.
It's a funny day. I don't know whether to be tragic or enjoy it like a comedy. A tragicomedy. It's raining right now, a lovely drizzly morning, but then...
I was invited to join a group heading to Borders today...and what can I say, I obviously wasn't allowed to go. I wouldn't be sitting here blogging about my melancholy life then; I would be in Times Square getting my grubby hands on books! Books books books books!
Truth be told, all that cataloguing in LibraryThing yesterday made me quite sick of books by 10 p.m. Yep, for the first time this month, I was forced to admit that I'll be happy not to read or pick up a book again. But I recovered an hour later - and voila, read Tom Holt's Divine Comedies, which reads like a cross between Terry Pratchett and Douglas Adams. But Pratchett is funnier. Still.
Several new tracks from Rice's 9 have been popping up regularly...needless to say, I've been scouting for them and trying to download them as soon as possible. I'm currently in love with his The Animals Were Gone, such a sweet song. Almost makes me wish that someone will remember to play it at my funeral.
Anyway, morbid thoughts (!) aside, I've been busy doing nothing. It's pretty settled now, college, though I'm desperately wishing right now that I'm seventeen and possess a driving licence. Oh well, there's always RapidKL. But it won't be the same as driving your own car eh? And blasting my own songs on the radio - Muse Muse Muse! - while trying not to panic on the streets of Subang Jaya.
It's a funny thing really, our obsession with celebrities. I was flipping through hot magazine yesterday (my sister is a loyal reader), and it was all about celebrities and their boring lives. I mean, seriously, why would we even need to bother what they're eating, drinking, wearing or who they're breaking up or sleeping with? The mag reached a new level of ludicrousness in its last issue with article headings like this: BOND GOES GROCERY SHOPPING. Yay. Daniel Craig actually goes shopping for groceries with his hot girlfriend.
Well. So....? The guy has to eat, doesn't he? And live with the basic necessities, i.e. toothpaste, shampoo, and etc etc etc.
Frankly, I don't see why we need to obsess over them like that...but I guess that's the price they have to pay for being famous.
And I can't really criticise them like that if they were to run an interview with Muse. (All right, I'm biased towards hot; they gave a pretty awful review for Muse's new album. Then again, they liked Paris Hilton.)
I found Regina Spektor's Mary Ann and the Gravediggers in 1U's Rock Corner! I have about half of the songs in the new album...and believe me, the price was exorbitant. But this was the first time I have ever found her album here, you see, so excuse the excitement.
Oh yeah, by the way, don't bother with the Amazon search if you do catalogue your books on LibraryThing unless your books are really recent ones. Just use the ISBN numbers; it works more efficiently.
I still haven't watched most the movies I wanted to this holidays, so here goes the list:
a) Casino Royale
b) Happy Feet - despite the less than satisfactory ending, but the penguins are too cute!
c) V for Vendetta
d) Memento
e) Closer
f) Nightmare Before Christmas - now I'm quite desperate for this, so if you do see it somewhere; VCD, DVD, anything, please do tell me!
Mr Jack Skellington, I've been looking for you. Where art thou?
Tak nak tahu pun. But they've been draining my resources for a long time.
It's a funny day. I don't know whether to be tragic or enjoy it like a comedy. A tragicomedy. It's raining right now, a lovely drizzly morning, but then...
I was invited to join a group heading to Borders today...and what can I say, I obviously wasn't allowed to go. I wouldn't be sitting here blogging about my melancholy life then; I would be in Times Square getting my grubby hands on books! Books books books books!
Truth be told, all that cataloguing in LibraryThing yesterday made me quite sick of books by 10 p.m. Yep, for the first time this month, I was forced to admit that I'll be happy not to read or pick up a book again. But I recovered an hour later - and voila, read Tom Holt's Divine Comedies, which reads like a cross between Terry Pratchett and Douglas Adams. But Pratchett is funnier. Still.
Several new tracks from Rice's 9 have been popping up regularly...needless to say, I've been scouting for them and trying to download them as soon as possible. I'm currently in love with his The Animals Were Gone, such a sweet song. Almost makes me wish that someone will remember to play it at my funeral.
Anyway, morbid thoughts (!) aside, I've been busy doing nothing. It's pretty settled now, college, though I'm desperately wishing right now that I'm seventeen and possess a driving licence. Oh well, there's always RapidKL. But it won't be the same as driving your own car eh? And blasting my own songs on the radio - Muse Muse Muse! - while trying not to panic on the streets of Subang Jaya.
It's a funny thing really, our obsession with celebrities. I was flipping through hot magazine yesterday (my sister is a loyal reader), and it was all about celebrities and their boring lives. I mean, seriously, why would we even need to bother what they're eating, drinking, wearing or who they're breaking up or sleeping with? The mag reached a new level of ludicrousness in its last issue with article headings like this: BOND GOES GROCERY SHOPPING. Yay. Daniel Craig actually goes shopping for groceries with his hot girlfriend.
Well. So....? The guy has to eat, doesn't he? And live with the basic necessities, i.e. toothpaste, shampoo, and etc etc etc.
Frankly, I don't see why we need to obsess over them like that...but I guess that's the price they have to pay for being famous.
And I can't really criticise them like that if they were to run an interview with Muse. (All right, I'm biased towards hot; they gave a pretty awful review for Muse's new album. Then again, they liked Paris Hilton.)
I found Regina Spektor's Mary Ann and the Gravediggers in 1U's Rock Corner! I have about half of the songs in the new album...and believe me, the price was exorbitant. But this was the first time I have ever found her album here, you see, so excuse the excitement.
Oh yeah, by the way, don't bother with the Amazon search if you do catalogue your books on LibraryThing unless your books are really recent ones. Just use the ISBN numbers; it works more efficiently.
I still haven't watched most the movies I wanted to this holidays, so here goes the list:
a) Casino Royale
b) Happy Feet - despite the less than satisfactory ending, but the penguins are too cute!
c) V for Vendetta
d) Memento
e) Closer
f) Nightmare Before Christmas - now I'm quite desperate for this, so if you do see it somewhere; VCD, DVD, anything, please do tell me!
Mr Jack Skellington, I've been looking for you. Where art thou?


3 Comments:
It is rather mortifying isn't it? When the only thing that stands between you & a good book, is its obnoxiously hefty price tag..
Oh, we didn't go to Borders today. My mums not well and my brothers had to go get their school books so, it wasn't a very good time to be out. You didn't miss out on anything, in other words =)
I've seen loads of Pratchett's at Borders but I've never been sure on whether or not to give it a shot. You said the first few books are a bit draggy right?
The Animals Were Gone? I'll keep it in mind. Though... I am hoping it wont have to be put to use anytime soon -_____-;
I've thought of that too. How a celebrities life may seem perfect on the outside, but really, they pay an awfully heavy price for all that fame on fortune, huh? Absolutely no privacy, people breathing down their neck every moment of the day. Bummer
Oh my god!! They played NBC on Star Movies today! Dang.. I knew I should have called.. Sorry >< I promise, I'll keep an eye out for the next one!
Err, okay better stop here. This is beginning to look like a blog post instead ^^;
Hi sha! =D
Yeah, I heard that you didn't go...oh well...
Pratchett's books are all right, but I was disappointed with the first book, which was The Color of Magic. I found the third book, Equal Rites pretty good though; it talked about gender equality in the wizards' university :P one of my favourite Pratchett books!
Damien Rice's new album is pretty disappointing...I've listened to 'Coconut Skins' and 'Me, My Yoke and I', and frankly, they're nothing special. 'The Animals were Gone' is still the best so far! =/
I hope Star Movies will play that movie again! They'll be showing it again on the 24th, but I won't be around...aaarrggggghhhhh...
Thanks for dropping by! And for leaving such a long comment! :)
Ergh.. is so get what you mean. Just been to Mph. All the books that i wanted to get, sadly the it all ammounts up to nearly half a thousand. -.-
I have closer DVD if you want and please call me if you watchin Happy Feet and also Casino Royale yah!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home