Apocalypse please please please
It's my 99th post!
I had writer's block yesterday and this morning, until something caught my eye. It made me laugh, so I'm going to talk about it now.
It's Gardenia's new jingle (like Kit Kat's 'Have a break, have a Kit Kat'), which goes like this: Sungguh enak, sungguh lembut, sungguh gebu, semua yang sepatutnya ada pada sebuku roti putih yang baik. In English, it reads: So tasty, so soft, so fluffy, it's everything a good loaf of white bread should be.
I'm thinking someone got carried away there.
You can always use it to describe edible rabbits (no offence no rabbit lovers): So tasty, so soft, so fluffy, it's everything a good rabbit should be.
Or maybe mashed potatoes.
Or maybe I have a weird sense of humour. No matter.
I finally watched Brokeback Mountain yesterday! Despite those revealing scenes, it was a good movie. And what's wrong with gay cowboys anyway? Maybe just homophobia...and homosexuality is prohibited in some religions.
My neighbour...has been playing language tapes in English and Mandarin for their little kids. While I have no objection to people learning several languages - unlike me - it's a bit annoying when they play it really loud. So reading or hearing music is near impossible when they do so. And another neighbour further down the road is in the midst of a massive renovation. And occasionally my sister will be online and listening to Beyonce's Irreplaceable real loud.
No reason to complain though. I used to study in 5 Seroja.
I thought it would be all right to write a 30,000-word story this month; my own NaNoWriMo, so to speak. It hasn't been easy though...I got stuck at 2000 words with an incomplete plot and dead characters in my head. It doesn't help that the story involves glass blowers and an annoying adolescent girl. So much for inspiration.
Damien Rice's The Animals Were Gone and The Rat Within the Grain might actually restore my belief in his music. 9 Crimes was a disappointment for me...but I loved Animals. Old school sweetness with maybe a bit of sappiness. Never mind that. It was still an exceptional song.
I found the link of this list of recommended teen reads on Sharon Bakar's blog. Those books are going to make me bankrupt, seriously.
The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath...I saw it in Borders last week, but the price was a bomb. What about improving the reading culture here, eh, High-Ups?
Give me the bliss and joy in your mind ~ Bliss, Muse
I had writer's block yesterday and this morning, until something caught my eye. It made me laugh, so I'm going to talk about it now.
It's Gardenia's new jingle (like Kit Kat's 'Have a break, have a Kit Kat'), which goes like this: Sungguh enak, sungguh lembut, sungguh gebu, semua yang sepatutnya ada pada sebuku roti putih yang baik. In English, it reads: So tasty, so soft, so fluffy, it's everything a good loaf of white bread should be.
I'm thinking someone got carried away there.
You can always use it to describe edible rabbits (no offence no rabbit lovers): So tasty, so soft, so fluffy, it's everything a good rabbit should be.
Or maybe mashed potatoes.
Or maybe I have a weird sense of humour. No matter.
I finally watched Brokeback Mountain yesterday! Despite those revealing scenes, it was a good movie. And what's wrong with gay cowboys anyway? Maybe just homophobia...and homosexuality is prohibited in some religions.
My neighbour...has been playing language tapes in English and Mandarin for their little kids. While I have no objection to people learning several languages - unlike me - it's a bit annoying when they play it really loud. So reading or hearing music is near impossible when they do so. And another neighbour further down the road is in the midst of a massive renovation. And occasionally my sister will be online and listening to Beyonce's Irreplaceable real loud.
No reason to complain though. I used to study in 5 Seroja.
I thought it would be all right to write a 30,000-word story this month; my own NaNoWriMo, so to speak. It hasn't been easy though...I got stuck at 2000 words with an incomplete plot and dead characters in my head. It doesn't help that the story involves glass blowers and an annoying adolescent girl. So much for inspiration.
Damien Rice's The Animals Were Gone and The Rat Within the Grain might actually restore my belief in his music. 9 Crimes was a disappointment for me...but I loved Animals. Old school sweetness with maybe a bit of sappiness. Never mind that. It was still an exceptional song.
I found the link of this list of recommended teen reads on Sharon Bakar's blog. Those books are going to make me bankrupt, seriously.
The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath...I saw it in Borders last week, but the price was a bomb. What about improving the reading culture here, eh, High-Ups?
Give me the bliss and joy in your mind ~ Bliss, Muse

4 Comments:
Congratulations on your 100th post!!!
Yeah, I generalised the matter too much, I read the homosexual article on Wiki. Thanks very much.
Oh yeah ever hear of Ursula K. Le Guin?
Just saw someone reading her book...
Ever knew there was a bargain corner in Borders?
I didnt!
Hi Ameera! :)
Yep, heard of Ursula K. Le Guin...she's pretty good, but not popular here though...i think the only book i saw recently was 'Gifts'...
Yes! The bargain corner! I didn't get anything from there though...but the prices were really good =)
what is NaNoWriMo anyway? it's seems to be a big thing over at fictionpress (an amatuer writing site i have been a member of for about a year plus) yet I have no clue about it.
you have 100 posts....wow, to think i was celebrating my 40th only about two weeks ago?
Hiya, Yin Kit.
NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month, in which participants regardless of age and country have to write a 50 000-word story in a month, usually held in November.
I couldn't join this year...SPM again!...so I thought I could write my own la...
You can visit this site for more info...http://www.nanowrimo.org/
No surprises la that I reached my 100th post so early, blogging when I should be studying before SPM... XD
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home