Another place to fall
Are you proud?
To have founded a brand new behaviour
With hatred and hurt as your saviour
But nobody's choosing to follow
So you choke back the tears and you swallow
Men who have ruined your life
You consume them with minimum strife
But now you have got indigestion
The antacid comes as a question
Find yourself another place to fall
Find yourself up against another brick wall
See yourself as a fallen angel
Well I don't see no holes in the road but you
Find another place to fall
~ KT Tunstall
I've got that song stuck in my head for some reason.
Colleges around Subang Jaya are in a frenzy of open day seminars and promotions. The best part, as far as I can see, are the goodie bags.
Well yeah - goodie bags!
Taylors gave nice stuff last year, but I didn't check them out this year though. Inti's wasn't too bad this year - hey guys, there's some moisturizer and cleanser thingy for you - but I wish I did head over to Taylors for a while. Maybe I should have gone there to survey the architecture...but no la, I'm not that bad...
So, now I should start talking about the year in brief.
Well let's see...pretty fun year, though there were terrible exam periods and SPM. I discovered Muse - only the best band ever, found many new friends, got some reeeeeeeeally good books, discovered surprising things about people I thought I knew well enough, found out some amazingly fantastic things about myself (witness my new found gedikness) and had some minor emotional upheavals throughout the year.
Can't say really, so I'll save your sore eyes for now.
Younger sister made a comment a few days ago while watching the women's 20 km marathon walk during the Doha games: 'Are those really roads?'
Me: 'Yeah. Why?'
Sis: 'No potholes, like in Malaysia.'
She's got a point. (But of course I'm not telling her.)
2006 is ending!
I'm not being sad today, as you can see. Endings and beginnings are good, especially when you're in for a change or changes. (I'm only saying this today. Hmmmmm.......)
And there might be some endings which you think shouldn't happen at all...but you can't prevent it, and I guess, that's the way it is.
Now for the emo -
Came a time
When every star falls
Brought you to tears again
We are the very hurt you sold
And what’s the worst you take (worst you take)
From every heart you break (heart you break)
And like a blade you stain (blade you stain)
Well, I've been holding on tonight
What’s the worst that I can say?
Things are better if I stay
So long and goodnight
So long and goodnight
~ Helena, My Chemical Romance
Emo emo emo.
Dolphins (singing) : So long, and thanks for all the fish
So sad that it should come to this
We tried to warn you all, but, oh, dear
You may not share our intellect
Which might explain your disrespect
For all the natural wonders that grow around you
So long, so long, and thanks for all the fish!
The world's about to be destroyed
There's no point getting all annoyed
Lie back and let the planet dissolve around you
Despite those nets of tuna fleets
We thought that most of you were sweet
Especially tiny tots and your pregnant women
So long, so long, so long, so long, so long! So long, so long, so long, so long, so long! So long, so long, and thanks for all the fish!
If I had just one last wish
I would like a tasty fish!
If we could just change one thing
We would all have learnt to sing!
Come one and all
Man and mammal
Side by side
In life's great gene pool!
So long, so long, so long, so long, so long
So long, so long, so long, so long
So long, so long and thanks for all the fish!
~ So Long and Thanks for All The Fish, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams
P.S. - I told I was going emo, didn't I?
To have founded a brand new behaviour
With hatred and hurt as your saviour
But nobody's choosing to follow
So you choke back the tears and you swallow
Men who have ruined your life
You consume them with minimum strife
But now you have got indigestion
The antacid comes as a question
Find yourself another place to fall
Find yourself up against another brick wall
See yourself as a fallen angel
Well I don't see no holes in the road but you
Find another place to fall
~ KT Tunstall
I've got that song stuck in my head for some reason.
Colleges around Subang Jaya are in a frenzy of open day seminars and promotions. The best part, as far as I can see, are the goodie bags.
Well yeah - goodie bags!
Taylors gave nice stuff last year, but I didn't check them out this year though. Inti's wasn't too bad this year - hey guys, there's some moisturizer and cleanser thingy for you - but I wish I did head over to Taylors for a while. Maybe I should have gone there to survey the architecture...but no la, I'm not that bad...
So, now I should start talking about the year in brief.
Well let's see...pretty fun year, though there were terrible exam periods and SPM. I discovered Muse - only the best band ever, found many new friends, got some reeeeeeeeally good books, discovered surprising things about people I thought I knew well enough, found out some amazingly fantastic things about myself (witness my new found gedikness) and had some minor emotional upheavals throughout the year.
Can't say really, so I'll save your sore eyes for now.
Younger sister made a comment a few days ago while watching the women's 20 km marathon walk during the Doha games: 'Are those really roads?'
Me: 'Yeah. Why?'
Sis: 'No potholes, like in Malaysia.'
She's got a point. (But of course I'm not telling her.)
2006 is ending!
I'm not being sad today, as you can see. Endings and beginnings are good, especially when you're in for a change or changes. (I'm only saying this today. Hmmmmm.......)
And there might be some endings which you think shouldn't happen at all...but you can't prevent it, and I guess, that's the way it is.
Now for the emo -
Came a time
When every star falls
Brought you to tears again
We are the very hurt you sold
And what’s the worst you take (worst you take)
From every heart you break (heart you break)
And like a blade you stain (blade you stain)
Well, I've been holding on tonight
What’s the worst that I can say?
Things are better if I stay
So long and goodnight
So long and goodnight
~ Helena, My Chemical Romance
Emo emo emo.
Dolphins (singing) : So long, and thanks for all the fish
So sad that it should come to this
We tried to warn you all, but, oh, dear
You may not share our intellect
Which might explain your disrespect
For all the natural wonders that grow around you
So long, so long, and thanks for all the fish!
The world's about to be destroyed
There's no point getting all annoyed
Lie back and let the planet dissolve around you
Despite those nets of tuna fleets
We thought that most of you were sweet
Especially tiny tots and your pregnant women
So long, so long, so long, so long, so long! So long, so long, so long, so long, so long! So long, so long, and thanks for all the fish!
If I had just one last wish
I would like a tasty fish!
If we could just change one thing
We would all have learnt to sing!
Come one and all
Man and mammal
Side by side
In life's great gene pool!
So long, so long, so long, so long, so long
So long, so long, so long, so long
So long, so long and thanks for all the fish!
~ So Long and Thanks for All The Fish, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams
P.S. - I told I was going emo, didn't I?

6 Comments:
Hail...lynn (forgive me if the spelling is wrong). Are u ok? You sound like you're gonna die anytime soon (no pun intended). You really read a lot don't you? Well, try the Popular in Ikano. I found some of the books that you have been searching for...I think.
I love reading too. But I guess our taste on books are like night and day. I read mostly on non-fictions. Politics. Economics. I currently enjoying "The World is Flat."
What kind of books do you like reading? Favourite authors?
That will be all for now.
PS: Please ignore all spelling and gramatical mistakes.
Aiyoyo..
Lynn, you're replacing Yuvha!
Opps, I meant.. I meant, as my darling!
Hi jian wei! =)
I go through phases of weird depression occasionally, but it's nothing serious la :P just angst angst aaaaaaangst.
Yep, I read way too much really. Haven't been to Popular in Ikano, will check it out!
Yeah...I guess our tastes in books vary a lot. I normally read fantasy and fiction, and my favourite writers are currently Neil Gaiman, Diana Wynne Jones, Jostein Gaarder and Sylvia Plath. (Ooo, you're reading economics and politics. I tend to avoid those...heh.)
Thanks for dropping by, and having the patience to read my posts! =D
Grace: Flattered. Very!
Glad to hear you're okay...I miss your jokes, btw!
Yuvyhavy! You've been dethroned! Muahahahaahahahahaha! :P
Haha. I miss my lame jokes too.
Haha, you guys are lame la. Stupid jokes also laugh. I also don't find them funny.
Hahaha, Joking.
Fantasy...David Eddings!! Apart from that I haven't read any fantasy books. Not my niche actually.
Nonetheless, maybe I should try some.
About reading your blog..no worries. I read your blog everyday cause I know that at least there will be a guarenteed update! Although I admit I do skip most of the poems.
Hehe.
Grace: Stupid jokes are fun! Lame jokes are super hilarious when they do work! =D
Keep smiling, kay? ;)
Jian Wei: No problemo, I know those poems are kinda odd, nonsensical ranting and blah blah blah...
And thanks for reading my blog! I really do appreciate that! =)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home