Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Not long, this post

This won't be a long post, so no worries. Just a few things to wrap up:

Class party yesterday *of course*. I think I'm suffering from a sugar hangover, too much soft drinks last night :P

Damien Rice's site is newly-updated, lots of stuff on his new album, 9 so do go there if you're in the mood for his music or just curious.

An excerpt from Neil Gaiman's audiobook Stardust, read by the author himself.

Puisi-poesy gives a pretty detailed explanation of Ted Hughes's Lovesong; do read it to get a clearer idea of this very interesting poem.

Interesting fact from Wiki: The song "Scentless Apprentice," by the American rock band Nirvana, was inspired by Sueskind's Perfume. It appears on their 1993 album In Utero. The band's singer and guitarist Kurt Cobain often described it as one of his favourite books.

The film adaptation of Sueskind's Perfume was released on 14 September 2006. (It's out, Chin Lei!)

Has anyone watched The Piano? Not to be confused with The Pianist with Adrien Brody as the protagonist (but I loved that movie though).

I found the PDF version of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata on Wiki. (Weird kan? Downloadable pun.) Now I have a problem. I've forgotten my music theory/practical. Bad bad bad badbadbadbadbad. SPM rotted my brains out. (Does someone know how to play this? I can think of a few...but then I can't say...)

Where have all the rain clouds gone to???

2 Comments:

Blogger Kirstin Wong said...

i saw the perfume book in mph. it looked pretty good :D

5:32 pm, December 07, 2006  
Blogger Lynn said...

hi again, kirstin!

i managed to borrow the book from someone. it's good, REALLY good. so do check it out! =D

7:42 pm, December 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home