And I did speak
If you know you’re tired
Let your head down to rest
Leave all the ‘darlings’ and the ‘my dears’
I’m not buying them nevertheless.
Laugh with your mouth open
because you know you can
heart – your heart’s big wide open
that scarring you can’t undo.
the cynic’s prophecies
optimism speaks
and your mind and instincts refuse
just to compromise; obtuse
and the mind wandering
of the million million million days
of weariness and the mechanisms
of modern daily life –
why are your eyes closed?
why leave your heart to decompose?
how can you bear to leave me on my toes?
helter-skelter
pushed me out of kilter
you’re left with some appearance
of an ape, so evolved
I don’t think
my sweet
even then you didn’t mean
to stir the mire into pieces
of crap; of trash; of brilliant iridescent nothings –
butterflies in the wasteland
of people who have forgotten
and never really forgiven.
Let your head down to rest
Leave all the ‘darlings’ and the ‘my dears’
I’m not buying them nevertheless.
Laugh with your mouth open
because you know you can
heart – your heart’s big wide open
that scarring you can’t undo.
the cynic’s prophecies
optimism speaks
and your mind and instincts refuse
just to compromise; obtuse
and the mind wandering
of the million million million days
of weariness and the mechanisms
of modern daily life –
why are your eyes closed?
why leave your heart to decompose?
how can you bear to leave me on my toes?
helter-skelter
pushed me out of kilter
you’re left with some appearance
of an ape, so evolved
I don’t think
my sweet
even then you didn’t mean
to stir the mire into pieces
of crap; of trash; of brilliant iridescent nothings –
butterflies in the wasteland
of people who have forgotten
and never really forgiven.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home