As though of hemlock I had drunk
My heart aches, and a drowsy numbness pains
My sense, as though of hemlock I had drunk,
Or emptied some dull opiate to the drains
~ Ode to A Nightingale, John Keats
Does this describe the general mood of the weather today?
I do like this kind of weather, oddly. It makes me sleepy, dreamy and plays havoc with my imagination. And it makes me moody too.
I have broken my promise to blog once a week! Jia Yi, I can't stand NOT to blog!
Anyway, back to the subject of hemlock.
Hemlock (n) : Any of several poisonous plants, of the genera Conium and Cicuta; the poison obtained from these plants.
Socrates died drinking this. John Keats died young of tuberculosis.
This is so depressing.
Hmm...has anyone read The Swimming-Pool Library by Alan Hollinghurst? Wondering whether I should...it has a controversial theme - homosexuality before the discovery of AIDS. I do wonder.
It's the title that has got me hooked. The Swimming-Pool Library...imagine a swimming-pool in a library! Or a swimming-pool filled with books and water like a floating library! It would be a childhood dream come true...think about reading and floating on my back in a pool of lovely cold water. (By the way, has anyone invented waterproof books yet?)
And on to the Song of Grace.
She's a vocal powerhouse (hope you don't mind, Kenneth!)
'Cause she ain't no mouse
She's got the guts, got the sass
Mind she doesn't pinch your ass!
Eh. Not very good. Will try to think of something better. :P
The usual homage to the shrine of Yuvha Dharshini has been held over to the next post until my brain starts functioning properly.
And here's another poem by E. E. Cummings: a clown's smirk in the skull of a baboon. It doesn't look like what it is...give it a read; you'll be pleasantly suprised.
A hodge-podge of a post. Pretty fragmented, but that's my mind right now.
Give me an F
Give me an O
Give me a C - U - S
Quick get off your ass
Please don't make a mess!
My sense, as though of hemlock I had drunk,
Or emptied some dull opiate to the drains
~ Ode to A Nightingale, John Keats
Does this describe the general mood of the weather today?
I do like this kind of weather, oddly. It makes me sleepy, dreamy and plays havoc with my imagination. And it makes me moody too.
I have broken my promise to blog once a week! Jia Yi, I can't stand NOT to blog!
Anyway, back to the subject of hemlock.
Hemlock (n) : Any of several poisonous plants, of the genera Conium and Cicuta; the poison obtained from these plants.
Socrates died drinking this. John Keats died young of tuberculosis.
This is so depressing.
Hmm...has anyone read The Swimming-Pool Library by Alan Hollinghurst? Wondering whether I should...it has a controversial theme - homosexuality before the discovery of AIDS. I do wonder.
It's the title that has got me hooked. The Swimming-Pool Library...imagine a swimming-pool in a library! Or a swimming-pool filled with books and water like a floating library! It would be a childhood dream come true...think about reading and floating on my back in a pool of lovely cold water. (By the way, has anyone invented waterproof books yet?)
And on to the Song of Grace.
She's a vocal powerhouse (hope you don't mind, Kenneth!)
'Cause she ain't no mouse
She's got the guts, got the sass
Mind she doesn't pinch your ass!
Eh. Not very good. Will try to think of something better. :P
The usual homage to the shrine of Yuvha Dharshini has been held over to the next post until my brain starts functioning properly.
And here's another poem by E. E. Cummings: a clown's smirk in the skull of a baboon. It doesn't look like what it is...give it a read; you'll be pleasantly suprised.
A hodge-podge of a post. Pretty fragmented, but that's my mind right now.
Give me an F
Give me an O
Give me a C - U - S
Quick get off your ass
Please don't make a mess!

7 Comments:
I WANT A SONG TOO! It's Yuvha here, Yuvha there(and Bob as well... a.k.a. Jian Wei)... but you're site ain't gonna work without the Kenneth Song... It's time TYLA!!!
-Kenneth-
Nevermind~~ I expected that your itchy hands will keep you to blog daily.... =D
bluu~ =P
ahem...since when you become a famous song writer huh?? (are you going to write songs for MUSE ???)
Kenneth!! Do you think anyone would want to write a song about you? ;P
Wait lah...thinking. Yuvha's so nice to me what...unlike SOME people!
Coming soon...
Jia Yi: my hands are really itchy la...tak boleh tahan! ;)
I'm not sure about the songwriter part...but these people like me to write songs for them (like self-promotion saje!) and I do it...without any payment.
You tell me - where's the justice in this? =P
I don't think I'll be writing anything for Muse anytime soon. I put my trust in Matt to blow my mind out! (not to mention that other Muse fans would really disagree with my writing for Matt) =D
Glad you like it! =D Will try to do something with the ass-pinching part.
Melody, anyone? I can't write melodies!
Where's the music where you need it?
*The hills are alive with the sound of music...!* :P
heyyy! then you should ask for payment!! (and the most important part is......share half of it with me.... =P)
if your hands are really THAT itchy means....i suggest you to put on some "mobiko" or wrap it with some cloth... hahahaha....
ain't nothing gonna stop me from blogging, jia yi! =D
except for SPM, of course!
LESS THAN 40 DAYS TO D-DAY, MATEYS! AHOY THERE! :P
32 days left..to be exact....
SIGH
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home