Tuesday, October 03, 2006

All that jazz

Haha. Hahahahahahahahaha.

Oh well. Just another hangover. Chocolate hangover, to be exact.

There was a kitten on the roof during the storm last night...heard it calling so piteously, but I couldn't do anything...

Lime magazine has an interview with Muse this month! (Run out and get it NOW, Chin Lei!) I wonder who they interviewed, or whether they got it off a site. There wasn't much of Matt's giggling or random remarks. But I think it was Matt all right, especially since the last few answers were slightly zany...an orchestrated alien invasion by the New World Order? He's been reading too much physics, maybe.

I guess some people don't share this manic enthusiasm I have for all things Muse. Fair enough, and I guess a few people can't understand my over-ardent admiration for Matt. Each to his own. A person's Muse is another's Pussycat Dolls.

Oh yes. That new video by the PCDs on MTV, I Don't Need A Man. An irony - so they're singing about how they don't need a guy to survive - in various states of undress and suggestive poses. Haha. And who would be the ones most likely to watch this video? I thought Buttons was bad enough, but noooooooooo, they had to come out with something worse. This new vid is tacky, tasteless and it turns people off. (At least, people like me who belong The Secret Society of Nerds (SSN)).

I have no objections to watching videos with elements of sexuality and "free love" in them - MTV and Channel V show vids like these by the hundreds. Videos like Justin Timberlake's SexyBack and Nelly Furtado's Maneater and Promiscuous are pretty clear examples...though some people might disagree.

Anyway. Back to those PCDs. What I meant to say was this - too much sex turns people off. Especially girls. Watching a whole group of women stripping off on TV is quite nausea-inducing, at least for me. And that video got me laughing for some unexplainable reason.

Don't get me wrong - I know movies now often show scenes like these videos too. But...it's the contrast to the song, maybe. Just that. And the blatantly sexual lyrics in Buttons. (Can someone tell me why I don't seem to mind Fergie's London Bridge? I even like Maneater!)

On other stuff...here's a very short list of what I've been doing for the past few days.

1. Eating
2. Sleeping
3. Blowing my eardrums out with music - and especially Muse!
4. Completed Ali Smith's The Accidental. I took my time with this; it's that kind of book which makes you slow down and take every word into consideration. Dee-licious. I loved that part where Smith writes from a character's point of view in sequence form.
5. Spending several hours in various states of lethargy and restlessness.

I've got Placebo stuck in my head. Thanks, Ainaa! =D

Read a bit of Tash Aw's The Harmony Silk Factory last night. The writing was neat and systematic - and it made Malaysian history (although it's only a small part) look MUCH MORE interesting than those lovely Sejarah textbooks.

Maybe the Education Ministry should get him to write our history textbooks!

The guy won the Whitbread First Novel Award in 2005, anyway. It's odd to read about places like KL and Ipoh in the book and think that people around the world are reading it too. Hopefully the book will be included in our English Literature component in the future! (And no more Phantom of the Opera. What's with the French?! We're having problems with English as it is!)

Aqualung 's not bad! Thanks Shahira! =)

If thought Muse and Matt was weird enough, wait till you see Brian Molko of Placebo.

Like the naked leads the blind
I know I’m selfish I’m unkind
Sucker love I always find
Someone to bruise and leave behind

~ Every You Every Me, Placebo

8 Comments:

Blogger Shahira said...

I can never seem to stand the videos by the PCDs.. It all seems way way way too.....slutty..Then again, I don't think I've ever liked songs that center around sex, skimpy clothing and guys with an excessive amount of 'bling bling'. Maybe that's why hip hop and R&B isn't really my thing.

Too much sex definately turns people off. Hmm.. but you know, maybe that applies for only us girls >__> Somehow, I find it hard to imagine a guy turning away, going "Urrrghh!" ^^;

P.S: You're welcome!

8:36 pm, October 03, 2006  
Blogger Lynn said...

shahira! =D

yep, i can't stand hip-hop too (miss fleur if you're reading this, please please don't beat me up) and for some weird reason, sean paul. =P

but i guess guys won't understand why we girls are so crazy over people like matt bellamy and josh hartnett!

P.S. - Has anyone watched wicker park yet? ;)

9:14 pm, October 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both my brothers are kinda into Sean Paul's music. An idea I frankly, detest greatly.. Haha, so we're on the same page with this one too.

Very true. Like how Pradheep found it impossible to think of Micheal Buble as drool worthty ;p

I cant be too sure.. Sounds awfully familiar

10:13 pm, October 03, 2006  
Blogger Ainaa said...

I looovee wicker park.. And Surekha, if you're reading this which I doubt you are, you still have my Wicker Park CD.

You should check out Placebo's new video, Meds and that video is sexy and decadent in modest amounts that it just looks really goood.

And yes, Aqualung are fantastic, (also another Matt), buuuuut like Brian Molko he has a kid.

Why do all the lustful edgy british performers/rockstars have kids? Please can sooomeone tell me?

7:23 pm, October 04, 2006  
Blogger Lynn said...

Sha: I haven't actually watched the entire movie yet, but the teeny part i caught on tv was good. =D

Guys just don't get it! Girl power!! ;p

Ainaa!!! =D

Hey, congrats on your story being shortlisted. =)

I think tv has stopped showing placebo videos, but i'll look out for it.

Those "lustful edgy british performers/rockstars have kids"...probably because they can't keep their hands to themselves! =P (wonder when will matt and his italian girlfriend pop out a baby...soon?)

Anyway, good luck for PMR! =)

9:30 pm, October 04, 2006  
Blogger Grace said...

I've seen wicker park!
Er, I think I watched it on Ainaa's DVD :P
I'm sure you'll get it back one day. She's still got my DVD! Stan too!

12:07 am, October 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh! wicker park's great!

lynn, josh was delicious in that one wasn't he?

ainaa, stan's having it now.

grace, i only have hotel rwanda la. sorry.

9:32 pm, October 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sureeeeekha!

yep, he was! =D

waaaaaahh, what's with this dvd exchange thingy? ada rental fees tak? :P

9:40 pm, October 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home