Belahan rambut
Belahan rambut: Split hair. Or in other words, splitting hairs.
The bruising of a limitless ego has never been so silent and...
...effective.
Does complacency have anything to do with a mean little inflated ego?
Exam results are creeping up on me...twining their disappointing grimy hands around my neck...tightening - tightening gently...and then the Big Bang descends in a quiet flash of realisation...
Then I exclaim: 'Oh SH*T!'
All right, enough of that.
Now I'll talk about something much more cheerful - Muse for example.
Oh wait, do stop a while at Jian Wei's blog to read this post about how insanely wonderful SMK USJ 12 is. (Yuvha!!!!!!)
Okaaaaaaaaaay...I have nothing against USJ 12. I think it's a good school - much better than ours in terms of discipline. I have even complained about my beloved school about gazillion times.
But. Of course there's a but...or I wouldn't be writing about his post here, would I?
Ahem!
We have won the debating competition, we are representing our school in the finals for the C4R, robotics into the olympics, maths into the nationals. SMK USJ 12 doesn't churn these kind of people in small numbers but in droves.
Fair enough. Your school's good, congrats. And a good healthy dose of school pride comes a long way when most students don't even know the name of their Biology/Maths/BM teachers now.
Well then, did you have to say this before the declaration of your undying loyalty to the school...
We have the best discipline in the entire Subang Jaya, based on statistics. At least, we know that we can get out of the school in one piece.
The first statement was right - okay.
But that second one got a bit on my nerves...I'm from USJ 4, kononnya the worst school in Subang Jaya, and I still manage to leave school with all my limbs attached and my mind and body in a passably healthy state.
So what gives?
And here's another one...
Besides, we are the only school...I think...correct me if I'm wrong....that doesn't look like a bird cage. We don't have grills to lock intruders in and out.
Those grills do not make a school look like a bird cage. I think it looks more like a jail (but then that's my personal opinion, correct me if I'm wrong). And those wonderful green grills proved useless when some bright person had a spark of genius and decided that the best way into the school in the middle of the night was through the roof.
And by the way, those grills do not lock intruders in. Seems pretty pointless to me. If you're smart enough to get in without being caught, then you're smart enough to get out the same way, right?
Oh, but that's what I think only. I don't know what you think.
I hope I haven't offended anyone, intentionally or otherwise.
I have been under stress for the past month, and little things like this gets me in a ungood - and extremely talkative - temper.
Don't get me wrong - I'm proud of my school. But even if this school for future criminals did not have many achievements to speak of - like Lee Elaine writing a book on ethnic musical instruments of Malaysia; Drama team winning the competition at district level; and the many many other students who have achieved so much over the years - I would still be proud of it.
We might not be the most angelic school in Subang Jaya - but I'm glad (heck, even thankful) I came here instead of "competing with the other students" to get into good schools like Seafield and Subang Utama.
It's not about how good the school is, really; it's how much you're willing to do for the school.
Never did once have I called any school lame. I always believe that they just have their own ways to accomplish things and I condone it as long it's not illegal.
I agree with you on that. But pomposity...Yeen Lynn!...gets me irritated.
Whew. I need a break. Seriously.
Oh well. At least I have satisfied my itchy hands. And I have commented - unanonymously.
Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinion without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.
~ Article 19, Universal Declaration of Human Rights
The bruising of a limitless ego has never been so silent and...
...effective.
Does complacency have anything to do with a mean little inflated ego?
Exam results are creeping up on me...twining their disappointing grimy hands around my neck...tightening - tightening gently...and then the Big Bang descends in a quiet flash of realisation...
Then I exclaim: 'Oh SH*T!'
All right, enough of that.
Now I'll talk about something much more cheerful - Muse for example.
Oh wait, do stop a while at Jian Wei's blog to read this post about how insanely wonderful SMK USJ 12 is. (Yuvha!!!!!!)
Okaaaaaaaaaay...I have nothing against USJ 12. I think it's a good school - much better than ours in terms of discipline. I have even complained about my beloved school about gazillion times.
But. Of course there's a but...or I wouldn't be writing about his post here, would I?
Ahem!
We have won the debating competition, we are representing our school in the finals for the C4R, robotics into the olympics, maths into the nationals. SMK USJ 12 doesn't churn these kind of people in small numbers but in droves.
Fair enough. Your school's good, congrats. And a good healthy dose of school pride comes a long way when most students don't even know the name of their Biology/Maths/BM teachers now.
Well then, did you have to say this before the declaration of your undying loyalty to the school...
We have the best discipline in the entire Subang Jaya, based on statistics. At least, we know that we can get out of the school in one piece.
The first statement was right - okay.
But that second one got a bit on my nerves...I'm from USJ 4, kononnya the worst school in Subang Jaya, and I still manage to leave school with all my limbs attached and my mind and body in a passably healthy state.
So what gives?
And here's another one...
Besides, we are the only school...I think...correct me if I'm wrong....that doesn't look like a bird cage. We don't have grills to lock intruders in and out.
Those grills do not make a school look like a bird cage. I think it looks more like a jail (but then that's my personal opinion, correct me if I'm wrong). And those wonderful green grills proved useless when some bright person had a spark of genius and decided that the best way into the school in the middle of the night was through the roof.
And by the way, those grills do not lock intruders in. Seems pretty pointless to me. If you're smart enough to get in without being caught, then you're smart enough to get out the same way, right?
Oh, but that's what I think only. I don't know what you think.
I hope I haven't offended anyone, intentionally or otherwise.
I have been under stress for the past month, and little things like this gets me in a ungood - and extremely talkative - temper.
Don't get me wrong - I'm proud of my school. But even if this school for future criminals did not have many achievements to speak of - like Lee Elaine writing a book on ethnic musical instruments of Malaysia; Drama team winning the competition at district level; and the many many other students who have achieved so much over the years - I would still be proud of it.
We might not be the most angelic school in Subang Jaya - but I'm glad (heck, even thankful) I came here instead of "competing with the other students" to get into good schools like Seafield and Subang Utama.
It's not about how good the school is, really; it's how much you're willing to do for the school.
Never did once have I called any school lame. I always believe that they just have their own ways to accomplish things and I condone it as long it's not illegal.
I agree with you on that. But pomposity...Yeen Lynn!...gets me irritated.
Whew. I need a break. Seriously.
Oh well. At least I have satisfied my itchy hands. And I have commented - unanonymously.
Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinion without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.
~ Article 19, Universal Declaration of Human Rights

4 Comments:
well, I do complain about usj4 a lot but in the end, I don't think I would trade usj4 over for any other school in the whole of subang! Despite all the crappiness we may have endured in this school, it was still 5 long good years spent here and I have to admit, I love it.
We being the worst school? Truth be told, we haven't seen anything that bad; there have been no gang fights (except for lame ones) for the whole of this year anyway and besides, we have nothing on the likes of Sj and SU a few years back...all we have are wanna-bes...
USJ12 churning out people in droves? I don't really believe that. It's the same thing with places like Oxford and Harvard, they take only the best in and as a result, they do better than most others. The students are the ones who are brilliant, the school merely contributes to their progression, which USJ12 has nevertheless done a good job.
But then again, I wouldn't like going to school which allegedly did not allow girls and boys to be in close contact XD Not sure on the truth of this fact, but if it is true...then it sounds incredibly boring....
o.o What a long comment...
hey yin kit - thanks for that long comment!
yep, it would be REALLY boring if girls and guys weren't allowed to get in close contact...almost everyone in 5 seroja would be demerit-ed then! =P
and like you said, i wouldn't trade usj 4 for any other school, no matter how crappy it may be.
long live fourians!
Jian Wei here.
Hey....Although I'm not really sure who you are...can't seem to find your name anywhere...but nonetheless...good points you have there. Actually, the joys of being in a school doesn't depend on the school itself but how we life in it. You can actually be in the worst school but still enjoy life! And vice-versa. In short, I agree with Yin Kit. So, enjoy your schools! SMK USJ 4 ain't that bad. Many of my good friends are there. The most important thing is....let's live life to the fullest!!
Thanks for talking my blog anyway!
my name was in the post itself.(?)
and SMK USJ 12 isn't that bad either...can't deny that you do have better discipline than us. =)
anyway, thanks for reading!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home