Friday, September 15, 2006

The desertion of the imagination

At last - AT LAST - Physics 2 is over! I was dreading that for a week!

And next week won't be so horrendously panic-inducing! I can't believe it! Yes I can - I CAN!

Euphoria! Elation! Unspeakable delight! Relief! Life back to normal! No more early mornings trying to read my notes at 5 a.m.! I can sleep in peace! At last! At last!

I dread exams - can't stand them. I do not like studying...unless it happens to be something I really like.

And finally, finally, I can read books not related to SPM without feeling guilty. Very very happy, I am.

I'm blabbering. With such joy! Such relief!

Okay. Now let's talk business.

Here's THINK Online, an online mag - which, coincidentally, has a Muse contest. I tried it, and came up with nothing interesting. So go ahead and try...I know you want to, Chin Lei...and if you do win, remember the person who so kindly told you about it - it's Kenneth really, but it's me who wants the Hullabaloo DVD. Epidermis layer 3 metres thick!

Several other good articles on the site - especially the one on self-love. An excuse for egotism and narcissism? Maybe - but if we weren't just a little bit vain, would we care about our appearances and the impression we give to others? There's also another article on bisexuality...

I need a break. Can't think straight, now.

1. How are you, Lynn?
Completely washed out. Shut up with the questions already; I have had enough of them!

2. Are you all right?
Generally fine, but grumpy.

3. What's with this format again? Trying to catch your friends' attention?
Possibly. I'm feeling under the weather. Not sick, just tired. But I can't sleep.

4. Why?
Mental fatigue. See - I don't even know what to say here!

5. Too much reading, I see. Tell me again - have you read the entire Artemis Fowl book?
Sorta. I know the ending. Anyone wants spoilers?

6. Wait - are you telling me that you miss your sister's company?
Hey, there's nobody to pass those priceless sarcastic remarks. It gets boring after awhile when nobody tries to annoy you five times in an hour. But the good side is...nobody is arguing with me over who gets to use the computer. Shame...blogging seems a nicer past time when someone else is waiting impatiently for you to be done in an hour. I'm mean, yeah, and immature. Too much Add Maths, I guess.

7. So go annoy your friends on Messenger.
Doesn't have the same effect of someone glaring malevolently at you. And nobody to laugh with when we realise how stupid we've been.

8. Interesting. I wouldn't have expected it of you.
I have nothing to declare - except my boredom, of course.

9. Then read The Time Traveler's Wife!
It's very depressing. He died in the end.

10. Oh. I see. What about that idea you had?
It died. Silently. Didn't even give me time to know it.

11. Sleep. You need sleep.
Perhaps. But I'm feeling strangely agitated. I have no idea.

12. Time. You need time.
Much more than you would know. I need time. But time is running out, and I'm wasting it too much. I don't know how; I don't know why.

13. Car commercials! All thanks to Xia Xun!
Volkswagen...
Peugeot...
...or just plain old BMW
Thanks X squared!

14. Mental stagnation lifted. You have just read the adventure of an afternoon in the life of a bored (boring) girl.
Fascinating, no?

But before she had time to accept it
hits her over the head, doesn't care if she's dead

~ 'LDN', Lily Allen

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY!! I see me here :P I'm so glad the long and exhausting science papers are over (still paper 3 to go)... you're not taking Biology?? WHY?? anyways.. I'll see you then (Wednesday).
BYE.

-X2- ban prejudism.

12:13 pm, September 16, 2006  
Blogger Grace said...

Oh! I'm glad you found Think good. I Think it's a place for people like you who appreciate writings, unlike me. Can't stand too many words on a big space, or monitor.

Sadly the videos are taking too long for me to watch.

Oh well, hope you win it! I think it's an interesting contest, not having to be limited to words and you can even use pictures or something.

Can't wait for the results!

12:25 pm, September 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

X2: yep, those nightmare papers are over! =D i don't take bio because i can't stand reading those tedious stuff too much...hehe...yeah, see you too!

grace: i did think of sending some picture, but i can't think of anything right now! =(

thanks anyway! =)

- lynn doesn't want add maths! -

4:13 pm, September 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home