Friday, September 01, 2006

Tangential relevance

So what am I doing?

I'm supposed to be reading Sejarah, devouring my Chemistry textbook, pulling my eyeballs out over Add Maths, and revising all the 101 subjects that I'll be sitting for SPM. (And then someone snorts and corrects my statement: "Yalah, Yeen Lynn, not taking Biology wan, so only hundred subjects lah!)

I do wonder what I'm doing really; while people are hard at their revision, I'm busy reading stuff up on wiki (I just realised that nobody's going to ask me who died in The Importance of Being Earnest or The Sandman - darn!) and thinking up more ridiculous equations based on Physics and Add Maths. Oh, here's an example:

E = mc² + 1/2mv² - mgh
E = m (c² + 1/2 v² - gh)

E = energy spent today (which wasn't much)
m = miscellaneous food and drink consumed
c = sleep - 3 hours this afternoon
v = daily dose of Wikipedia and Internet
g = keghairahan/ insane randomness/ boring Add Maths tuition on Friday night (because Yuvha wasn't there)
h = heat (loss of heat due to excessive laughter and energy lost in tuition, and not because of questionable activities, like some people did in the Bilik Kesihatan...er...won't elaborate...)

Anyway. As I was saying.

I can't believe I'm actually learning Einstein's equation in Physics this year! *huge grin* Imagine! Me! Yeen Lynn! Learning E = mc²! Of all things! And actually understanding the equation itself! Oh wow! And radioactivity! And actually finding out that sausages are not made 100% out of meat! And the blue nyonya pulut is actually laden with chemicals! (Eh...no, the colour's from flowers. Wow.)

(What's up with the allusion to the Straits Chinese anyway? Oh, the kebayalah. So cantik wan, all flowery and lacey and dingly-dangly.)

Note to self: No more chocolate this week. Hyperactivity is fine when I want to get creative, but when you start giggling insanely over your History textbook you know something definitely isn't right somewhere. Up there.

Well, I can argue to myself that I'm revising English here. English is a very important subject, mind you. I just realised it in Form 1 when the secondary school syllabus made us write essays in English for exams. How come I didn't know earlier wan?

But I have been wondering...why am I wasting my time here writing about Panic! at the Disco, Brendon Urie, Yuvha (no offence, darlin') and Oscar Wilde when I should be studying?

Guilt is such a tiresome emotion; Conscience is a contradictory companion and Imagination...is near uncontrollable right now.

Creativity's dead.

So, Merdeka was yesterday, and several newspapers have published interesting letters and articles on this dear old subject. Some bloggers have even written about it - notably, Ainaa. I've been reading some Malaysian history on Wiki (see - I'm not wasting all my time online!), and the curious part is, I've learnt more from it than all my years of studying Sejarah. (By the way, thanks, Ainaa.)

Do you think the Education Ministry should reduce the number of subjects we have to take for SPM? Especially Moral...I'm still harbouring a terrible grudge against the poor defenceless subject; Moral has never done me anything wrong after all - except hand me B's and C's in almost every exam. (Ah yes, I confess, that's my one weak point: If I don't like the subject, I have to be pushed into studying it. Forced into it, more like.) Also, it seems that sex education will be implemented in the current syllabus soon (how soon, eh?) but it won't be taught as a subject of its own. (Though I don't think many students would be complaining if it were taught as an individual subject.)

*Aiyo, this girl so boring wan, nothing to talk about, so she talks about Moral and Wilde. Takde kerja?*

Continuation of the many possible thoughts that you could be having now as you read this:

Thought 11: Boring...

Thought 12: What did she eat just now? (Contribution from Yeo Chin Lei.)

Thought 13: Takde kerja ke, dia?

Thought 14: Oi, you want to speak Manglish or Engleeesh? Make up your mind lah!

Thought 15: Okay. Time to get off the com.

Thought 16: I KNEW IT! My suspicions have been confirmed! Lynn's insane! What's the number for Hospital Bahagia?

Thought 17: If you think you should be studying right now, then GO STUDY!

Thought 18: Seriously, Lynn, I meant that. I'm too lazy to comment, but since you've guessed my thought(s), do me the favour and stop writing NOW, kay?

Thought 19: What? The page can't load! Oh - too much spam! Never mind...not that I'm missing anything much...*muttering darkly*

Thought 20: dot. dot. dot. The Silence of the Wise shalt not be elaborated here.

On another note - the shortlisted entries for the MPH Search for Young Writers was supposed to be up today, but due to unexplained - and I guess, inexplicable - circumstances, the list still isn't up yet. Dang.

Well, I guess that's enough spam for this entry. *Phew!*

Good luck to those taking the SPM trials on Monday!

P.S. Nearly forgot - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, XI LYNN! (She doesn't read my blog really, but being the kind sister that I am, I had to wish her here - albeit belatedly.)

It is sometimes a mistake to climb, it is always a mistake never even to make the attempt. ~ Dream

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home