Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Lately, I've let myself go


Oh yes I have.

So SPM trials are beginning next week; I still have two History textbooks to drool over; my Add Maths is heading for negative points; my Malay essays stall halfway due to want of inspiration and momentum (and lost muses), and the only thing I can think of right now....

...is Brendon Urie.

He's the lead singer of Panic! at the Disco, that's what. (From left to right: Ross, Urie, Walker and Smith.) And the best part is this: He's only nineteen! (Whereas Matt is already 27...kinda old, ya know). But there's a catch - Urie doesn't write the songs; Ryan Ross does. Ross was supposed to be the lead singer, but after the band heard Urie sing, they decided to make Brendon the lead singer. (Thank goodness for that!)

Then Florence goes: "Not again! Urie's ugly, just like Teddy Geiger!" (And Shireen protests.)

But it's only me and my inane randomness.

I told myself that I will not blog this week, but the temptation to do so has proven too huge for me to conquer (yet again).

Here's a few possibilities about the thoughts you're having right now as you read this:

Thought 1: This girl has no life.

Thought 2: What did I eat just now?

Thought 3: What the hell is she babbling about? She has absolutely no idea what I'm thinking! She can't! Scientifically, logically, it's not possible!

Thought 4: Ooo, Brendon Urie! Who's he?

Thought 5: She mentioned my name! (This only applies to one person.)

Thought 6: I know la, Lynn, you don't have to study wan, while I blow my brains out with a marathon History session which lasted for 25 hours straight. Life's so unfair!

Thought 7: ...

Thought 8: Skip this. Where's the mouse?

Thought 9: When will this end?

Thought 10: Who the hell does she think she is? I curse the day I encouraged her to get a blog!

Well. That's about all I can think of at this moment.

I'm sure Miss Song has more to add.

The Time Traveller's Wife popped up again on Sunday, but seeing that exams were so near, I had to put that book back on the shelf, oh so reluctantly...

Then I sulked the whole afternoon. *slaps self for being so immature*

Funny thing really, there was this one time Chin Lei and I saw Panic! at the Disco's CD in Pyramid selling for 23 bucks. But it was so near, yet so far...

Ah yes, I'm being sucked into the wonderful vortex of crass commercialism. Can't help it really, though I try to resist occasionally.

This has been fun, I suppose,
Although my feelings are all juxtaposed,
But truth be told, I'm as fickle as hell,
But gentlemen never kiss and tell!

~ Get Your Way (he didn't ruin this, Chin Lei! It's an original composition!)

P.S. I hope I have fulfilled my obligation, Fleur. Three mentions of you, including this! And nothing about your ex-wife! =P

6 Comments:

Blogger Ainaa said...

The only way noow is straight up!~
Your deepest despair I'll make it stop,
Just nineteen ninety nine,
all major credit cards,
And you'll stay alive and you'll go faaar~

So SEND ME YOUR MONEY, and I'll change your life ~ :)

So be a good girl and do what Mr. Cullum tells yah Lynn!:P

2:04 pm, August 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! don't do it out of obligation do it out of infatuation! =) Hahaha sry rly ss=ing now. and I think that Urie Brendon guy is HAWT! Unlike some half softy guy named after Mr teddy bear. X.x

7:12 pm, August 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg didnt know u like that brendon guy..*high 5*!

9:54 pm, August 30, 2006  
Blogger Lynn said...

ainaa: and you'll change my liiiiiffffffffeeeeeee! =P whoohoo! i will!

fleur: sori la, i know you're taken already, don't want to intrude, er...yes, in with brendon brendon brendon, out with mr softy (though i still love his eyes!) ;)

sherryna: you too?! *high 5!*

10:06 pm, August 30, 2006  
Blogger Grace said...

Eh.. where got good looking! No la.. Put him and Kaka side by side. Which half will burn first?


Kaka's of course!

But I do love that video man.. Still prefer the killer's frontman. What's his name again?

Kaka?

Hm.

11:32 pm, August 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

graceeee! =)

well...kaka's attractive in his way, as is mr brendon urie.

the lead singer of the killers name is brandon flowers...
"Flowers married longtime girlfriend, Tana Munblowsky, on August 2, 2005, in Hawaii."
found it on wiki.

sorry grace, he's taken! urie's still available though! :P

12:16 pm, August 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home