Friday, August 25, 2006

In-efficiency


(Why does Blogger have difficulty in loading these few days?)

Anyway, enjoyable day in Parade, though I had to walk miles just to conceal my darling sister's present from her - birthday's on the 1st of September. Worse luck, I had to buy The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald just to conceal that pricey thingy from her. (Oh damn, my Moral homework!)

It would have been more enjoyable, except for the fact that the staff in Pizza Hut were really INefficient. Maybe I'm one of those picky customers, but waiting for them to fetch the ladle for the soup and then seeing the lady fish it out from within the bowels of the steaming pot with the pizza slicer was a bit much. Hrmph. And that guy who took the order clearly wasn't used to his electronic gadget yet. (But at least they're saving paper, so...well.)

Then off I traipsed to MPH...since there was a review in The Star today about the new Artemis Fowl book, ya know...but it turned out they didn't have it. (Is it any surprise?) But then I had to buy the little girl's present, so...not much difference.

But the book's here in Artemis's official site - 12th September of all days! - and my I can't wait....Ainaa - yes, nobody can ever be too old for Artemis Fowl! =)

On another note, here's something interesting to view - the recent fracas in Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM).

What is society coming to?

It was mentioned in an article in The Sun yesterday. (Interestingly, The Sun seems to be one of the few English newspapers which reserve special columns for young adults to express their views.)

I have no idea what to say right now i.e. I am going to blether meaninglessly again.

Then again, maybe not.

"If those in charge of our society — politicians, corporate executives, and owners of press and television — can dominate our ideas, they will be secure in their power. They will not need soldiers patrolling the streets. We will control ourselves." ~ Howard Zinn

P.S. Lovely quote by Yasmin Ahmad: Perhaps, in the end, there are no such things as creative people; there are only sharp observers with sensitive hearts.

I'd believe it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home