Saturday, August 19, 2006

Somewhere over the rainbow...is a pot of gold...

...with Oscar Wilde beside...

Had a very very VERY WONDERFUL 16th birthday. Thanks, all you guys who planned the surprise!

Very good start to my day...yes yes...and there was I giggling myself to sleep last night. Oh well - call me perasan, but am I HAPPY!

Lovely presents too...the complete works of Oscar Wilde, Johnny Depp, many others...yet again, I want to say a huge thank you to the people who remembered!

Birthday Poem to a Leo, by Ronberge

My Dear Leo,

When at your best you are:
Generous & Warmhearted
Enthusiastic & Broad-minded
Faithful & Creative
Loving & Expansive

And

When at your worst you are:
Pompous & Patronizing
Bossy & Interfering
Dogmatic & Intolerant

For me
It’s pretty self-evident!

A Most Dominant, Spontaneous, Extrovert
In grandeur of manner,
Splendor of bearing,
Magnanimity of personality,
Truly you are monarch among humans
As lion is king of beasts

Ambitious, Courageous
Dominant, Strong-willed
Positively independent
Self-confident
A born leader
with no such word
as doubt in your vocabulary
Thinking and acting bigger than others would dare
Thriving on adversity

But beware, O Regent, of
Arrogance, Pride
Haughtiness, Boastfulness
Hastiness of temper, Self-centeredness
Greed for Flattery,
Snobbish superiority,
Bombast pomposity.
They can make you a ruler of none

Let me however assure your highness
That today I'm still very much part of your kingdom
I’d follow you anywhere, this you already know
Today I’m just living in a world that was made for you, your Majesty!
So please share with me on this very special occasion, your lust for life, your passion for luxury and most of all your heart, the biggest one around!

And of course, a last quote:

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? I thought I was the only one." ~ C.S. Lewis

One last sentence...

The condition of perfection is idleness: the aim of perfection is youth. ~ Wilde

(Did you really think I was going to resist the temptation to quote Mr. Wilde for the gazillionth time? Never!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wooow, some people here big girl already. 16! Blow off those candles, will ya!(i mean if you already blew it off than pretend to blow it again la... it's called repetition with Kenneth, my new talk show!)

10:40 pm, August 19, 2006  
Blogger Lynn said...

thanks, kenetto! and here it is...
*blow!*
tornado in russia! bcos of you la! =P

11:58 pm, August 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you liked my poem.

My wife is Leo BTW.

Amicalement votre
Ronberge

11:47 am, November 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home