Cooked under optimal pressure
Today was BAD BAD BAD for me. Moral in the morning (joy joy!) but thankfully I managed to complete the paper without my fingers cramping up or falling out with sheer exhaustion.
Add today's dud test with all the lovely symptoms of PMS - Premenstrual Stress Syndrome - and you get a beautifully explosive and productive day.
I went to read up on PMS on wiki this afternoon (I was so bored!) and here are the various symptoms:
a) feeling depressed
b) a general feeling of being upset and emotional
c) Feeling irritable and bad tempered
d) Feeling full and ‘bloated’
e) Backache
f) Some weight gain (up to 1 kg)
Just a few of the symptoms...hey, I'm helping you with your Biology revision! But very useful knowledge, especially for *coughcoughguyscough* !
Anyway, I'm in a pretty good mood now, thanks to Wilde's The Happy Prince (yes, I told you it sucked, but I changed my opinion; it's good) and Maroon 5's Songs about Jane, courtesy of Jessie of the Pink Cheeks.
Maroon 5, now...wasn't quite interested in them when they were played to death on radio last year, until Jessie started singing their praises a month ago. So I decided to give them a try today, and surprise surprise - infectious radio-friendly songs with an upbeat mood, nicely sing-a-longy. After the angst of Muse I have to get a change after all. Don't you agree with me?
So. I have to explain about the strange (or maybe not?) title of this post. It relates to the feeling of being under pressure: being slowly boiled to death in a pressure cooker like a skinned chicken (no offence intended) with bits of herbs and dates floating along in this hell where the only way out is into the hands of some deranged human with chickicidal (any correct term for this?) fingers only too happy to strip away every bit of flesh, bone, vein and...
Got carried away there.
But you get the idea. At least I hope so.
But before you lose your focus on this pitifully plain page by rolling your eyes dismissively, please spare me a little milisecond of your time to view this poem, which goes by the title:
I was feeling so low I had to write this but then again it's my blog anyway so please excuse me if I have caused cell death in your wonderful brain but please please please continue reading
(Take a deep mental breath; it helps.)
Nah, the title of this pretty but sad poem is the heading of this post. Haha. My joke. Me laughing. You thinking I'm weird. *Get a life, Lynn!*
Cooked under optimal pressure
the pot lid comes crashing down
bell jar rings with deadly tolls
the baby's crazed shrieks resound
ears implode with the echoes.
It's only the first verse...I have a few more ideas, but they're budding, so wait ya?
And for fellow fanfic addicts...I've added the link to Sunny June's blog here, for easier access to her sinfully decadent fanfics.
Customer Service, anyone?
Add today's dud test with all the lovely symptoms of PMS - Premenstrual Stress Syndrome - and you get a beautifully explosive and productive day.
I went to read up on PMS on wiki this afternoon (I was so bored!) and here are the various symptoms:
a) feeling depressed
b) a general feeling of being upset and emotional
c) Feeling irritable and bad tempered
d) Feeling full and ‘bloated’
e) Backache
f) Some weight gain (up to 1 kg)
Just a few of the symptoms...hey, I'm helping you with your Biology revision! But very useful knowledge, especially for *coughcoughguyscough* !
Anyway, I'm in a pretty good mood now, thanks to Wilde's The Happy Prince (yes, I told you it sucked, but I changed my opinion; it's good) and Maroon 5's Songs about Jane, courtesy of Jessie of the Pink Cheeks.
Maroon 5, now...wasn't quite interested in them when they were played to death on radio last year, until Jessie started singing their praises a month ago. So I decided to give them a try today, and surprise surprise - infectious radio-friendly songs with an upbeat mood, nicely sing-a-longy. After the angst of Muse I have to get a change after all. Don't you agree with me?
So. I have to explain about the strange (or maybe not?) title of this post. It relates to the feeling of being under pressure: being slowly boiled to death in a pressure cooker like a skinned chicken (no offence intended) with bits of herbs and dates floating along in this hell where the only way out is into the hands of some deranged human with chickicidal (any correct term for this?) fingers only too happy to strip away every bit of flesh, bone, vein and...
Got carried away there.
But you get the idea. At least I hope so.
But before you lose your focus on this pitifully plain page by rolling your eyes dismissively, please spare me a little milisecond of your time to view this poem, which goes by the title:
I was feeling so low I had to write this but then again it's my blog anyway so please excuse me if I have caused cell death in your wonderful brain but please please please continue reading
(Take a deep mental breath; it helps.)
Nah, the title of this pretty but sad poem is the heading of this post. Haha. My joke. Me laughing. You thinking I'm weird. *Get a life, Lynn!*
Cooked under optimal pressure
the pot lid comes crashing down
bell jar rings with deadly tolls
the baby's crazed shrieks resound
ears implode with the echoes.
It's only the first verse...I have a few more ideas, but they're budding, so wait ya?
And for fellow fanfic addicts...I've added the link to Sunny June's blog here, for easier access to her sinfully decadent fanfics.
Customer Service, anyone?

2 Comments:
lalala... HI! Its been centuries or milenniums since we've last chat... erm... wait.. we just did a about week ago? Anyways... bombastic english (woot---TOO HOT TO HANDLE ler!) but unfortunately... books don't appeal to me... haha... I'm more of a book shredder than a book worm (serious... take a look at my Biology reference book's condition--it's appalling!!)...Am I the only one who's posting comments? (My first one tho) K Cya. ChupChup.
-|double|X|- The power of 2.
Hell yeah! You're the only one who bothered to comment for the past week...no offence to anyone, I know you people are still reading, hehe...
and bombastic language lends me cred. (though i itch to write in manglish) =P
anyways,thanks for dropping by!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home