Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Oceans and Butterflies

So here I am - writing past eleven p.m. on a school night. Can this get any better? (But that's because I won't be in school tomorrow. Well.)

Good news: Pn. Santhi has resumed her wonderful teaching! Yaaaay! And mind you Serojians stick to the treaty.

Bad news: We're all becoming increasingly emo over the past few days. So am I...been getting several questions from well-meaning friends - do I look or sound continually annoyed?

I've still been thinking about my birthday list, and here's the update (don't murder me; it is my blog after all):

  1. Sigur Ros
  2. Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman
  3. contact lenses (after SPM only, sadly)
  4. super-duper intelligence and memory - like someone I know
  5. world peace

As you can see, numbers 4 and 5 are entirely random. But they are what I wish for...sometimes.

Edwin and Ren Yi gave an interesting EST presentation today on the Butterfly Effect and chaos theory - who knew that I could cause a storm in Russia by sneezing or perhaps by releasing excess wind - right now.

The Ice Queen by Alice Hoffman used chaos theory as its theme, but it was more in the context of a fairy tale than actual life. I found some parts of this book unrealistic though, and yes - I gave up halfway through the book. The protagonist was becoming really depressing and depressed...she considered and wished for herself to be dead several times in the book. Thankfully, this book wasn't as depressing as Plath's The Bell Jar.

Good news 2: I'm starting to get off Muse now. I've been listening to their album every day (no, I'm insane) and Matt Bellamy's voice is beginning to lull me to sleep. For some people who have endured my mania for the past few weeks - rejoice! The end has arrived! (Might I add Hallelujah?)

Do you think my posts are quite random and superficial? Just a passing thought...but I would welcome comments if you have any.

By the way, good luck to those who have been chosen for NS. And to those who weren't chosen...well. I'm not sure how you look at it.

Once a tear fell off my cheek and into the ocean, the day I find it will be the day I stop loving you. -Anonymous-

Someone asked me today about my previous post.

Don't ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home