Sunday, July 09, 2006

I'm being random again

Has anyone watched The Stepford Wives before? Just asking...

I was a bit disturbed by this movie with its ideas of perfect wives and Utopian society. Ah well.

Anyway, good news! Ginger's back again! Hmm...yeah...I'm starting to bore you.

I recently read this poem by Walt Whitman (coincidentally, he was one of Wilde's partners); the poem's title was Reconciliation. Read it, it's...touching - for me, I guess.

And then there's Sylvia Plath's Lady Lazarus...not a good poem for a rainy day, definitely.
There has got to be more ways to spend my time than this!

By the way, here's an interesting fact: Wilde was once engaged to a girl, Florence Balcome, but the engagement was broken off, and she got engaged to Bram Stoker - that guy who wrote Dracula - instead...and then I guess Wilde decided to be open about his sexuality.

From Wilde to Stoker. I wonder how she could bear them...but I'll never know!

If you think that I'm starting to get kind of fixated on Oscar Wilde...maybe I am. He has a really fascinating life though; that could be the attraction, eh.

If you pretend to be good, the world takes you very seriously. If you pretend to be bad, it doesn't. Such is the astounding stupidity of optimism.

Any truth in this statement? Think about those juvenile delinquents in school and how we judge them from their reputations and discipline records...best not to be too judgmental, eh?

Gossip is charming! History is merely gossip. But scandal is gossip made tedious by morality.

If only that Pn. Lucy woman could make Sejarah just a little bit more gossipy or vaguely interesting...

Wilde did shock people with his behaviour and works. The flamboyant mad hatter with everything to flaunt and nothing to fear.

That last part in the quote on scandal...do you think, in some way, he was speaking the truth? We gossip a lot, and when juicy stuff on people come up, we - occasionally - pretend to be shocked with their 'immoral conduct', but in reality, we're fascinated with those deeds.

But I do - not - agree with Wilde on History being charming. Or maybe I'm just prejudiced towards....someone.

One's real life is so often the life that one does not lead.

Any comment on the quote above?

Few parents nowadays pay any regard to what their children say to them. The old-fashioned respect for the young is fast dying out.

Sorry, I couldn't resist posting that one here.

All bad poetry springs from genuine feeling. To be natural is to be obvious, and to be obvious is to be inartistic.

I did that test on blogthings recently...I'm 70% weird. Happy? =)

The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Wilde is hilarious.

I think.

Women love us for our defects. If we have enough of them, they will forgive us everything, even our gigantic intellects.

Clearly, someone had an inflated ego.

Whenever a man does a thoroughly stupid thing, it is always from the noblest motives.

Believable?

In this world there are two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it. The last is much the worst.

We can't have all we want... *singing-ly*

What is said of a man is nothing. The point is, who says it.

Wilde again.

I think you have had enough of these quotes by now...but they're addictive - to me, that is. (Another Muse-like obsession?! *tears out hair in despair*)

Just lost, when I was saved!

That, my friend, was Emily Dickinson. Quite appropriate, don't you think?

New Muse album - Black Holes and Revelations - will be out around the 13th of July.

And here we go again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home