Understanding, misunderstanding....
Anyway... Grace, so sorry for making you all frustrated when you tried to explain to me about some blogging term in school that day! I'm still a newbie with big dreams, small capacity and skill to manouevre around this blogging mire...
Okaaaay....since Miss Grace tagged me to do a list of the criteria for my ideal guy, I shall begin thus:
1. He has to be understanding.
I detest guys who treat me condescendingly like I'm some poor ignorant kid. Hello, it's the 21st century already! What about equality between sexes?
I would like to have a guy who understands me - he might not understand me perfectly, but that doesn't matter - and who wouldn't treat my woes and problems as though they are nothing more than trivialities. I can be quite emotional and cranky, especially at certain times, so it would be nice to find someone who can tolerate and understand (!) what I'm going through.
2. He has to like books.
I am a nerd, bookworm and etc...so my ideal guy has to at least like books. (What can we talk about then if we don't share interests?) Books are terribly important in my life...people, I can hear you snickering...so it would be nice if we could discuss about books. Besides, have you realised that you get to know more about people when you get into a discussion with them?
3. He has to be kind/ compassionate/ unarrogant.
One trait I really detest in a guy is meanness and arrogance. Just can't stand those idiots who strut around like overfed cuckoos with empty heads, giving their blaring two cents' worth where it's not wanted, needed or welcomed. Besides, if a guy can be mean to humans, think about the heinous deeds he might commit towards animals.
4. He has to be open-minded.
I happen to like open-minded people...they tend to have less prejudices and misconceptions. (Is this a generalisation? Hmmm...) It would also be fun to talk with a guy who has varied views and opinions; it's better than talking to someone who keeps going: 'Yeah, she's clever; yeah, he's good; yeah, you're right.' Besides, I don't like guys who aren't willing to change their views but stubbornly stick to the same old opinions of yesteryears.
5. He has to be weird...slightly.
I like weird people. And I can get a bit wacky sometimes - anyone still want to chuck me in the loony bin? - and end up freaking a few people out. You don't often see me like this...but it happens, believe me.
So, it would be nice to get an eccentric guy...one who doesn't stick to conventions and who is not afraid to be his real self, no matter how weird or crazy he might be.
6. He has to like music!
I won't mind if he doesn't listen to the same types of music I do...it gives me more opportunity to discover other kinds of music, eh? But I like music, and my ideal guy...has to like music too. (And he has to like Muse too, preferably.)
7. He has to have a sense of humour!
Guys without a sense of humour are somewhat bland and bo-ring. Okay...I like someone who makes me laugh.
8. He has to be loyal
My ideal guy does not two-time me or another girl. It wouldn't be fair to him, me or the other party.
9. He has to be supportive.
He has to be supportive about what I do, whether I'm planning to bungee-jump off a cliff in New Zealand, adopt 10 orange kitties from the SPCA or write a crap 100-part sonnet. He might not approve of my plans, but the important thing is he supports what I'm doing or trying to do.
And most importantly...
10. He has to be honest and trustworthy.
11. He has to trust me.
Yes - that's pretty much the 10+1 criteria of my ideal guy. Though why I should be writing this beats me, since there isn't any danger of my being liked by any guy. Seriously.
And to you perasanted people out there who insisted that I mention each and every one of you in my posts, here you are:
- Chloe
- Chin Lei
- Shireen
- Jessie
Last time I'm ever mentioning you guys in that loooong list above. Haven't you heard of that phrase : 'Self-praise is no praise'? Tch, tch, self-advertisement yeah.
And before I forget: Ainaa - you rawk, girl!
One last quote; I can't resist posting it here...
The only thing that ever consoles man for the stupid things he does is the praise he always gives himself for doing them. - Oscar Wilde-
That quote above reminds me about all the stupid petty things I've done...
By the way, Miss Fleur, I don't quite agree with your suggestion. No offence yeah? =)

4 Comments:
hello muse monster ! nice blog. btw dun u think dat ur ideal guy ahem... sounds like someone we all noe ? u noe i'm referring 2. n i can't agree more wit fleur. ok dun murder me.
~shireen~
you see ylyn, I should be given long due recognition as a philosophist. Quote me for all I should say next time! ahh! The glamour! Hahaha. and shireen if you see this I'M gona kill u for not tagging at my blog! =)
It's official.. u're a muse addict now. what have i done?! *tears out hair in horror* thx 4 da mention there btw :P
you can't change me, crazy, you can't....
shireen, i don't know who you're talking about AT ALL.
and dear miss fleur, you can kill shireen for me; i shall assist you in any way i can, except the killing part, of course. =>
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home