I curse myself for the day...
...that I decided to have my own blog.
Spent almost half an hour trying to create links...due to my inexperience and inability to manouevre round this sticky spider's web called the Internet (what a blessing, what a tragic curse)...I gave up.
Patience is a virtue, but I prefer to stay sane before I end up bashing the computer in uncontrolled rage and hysteria.
Anyway, wanted to say a big THANK YOU for those who have viewed this pitiful excuse of a blog. Your support is invaluable, really appreciate it, but I don't think this is what you want to read eh?
Drama competition at the Actors Studio coming and yet again - third time! - the crew members are on unstable ground. Only limited places for the cast and those involved in technical stuff...which means crew members might have to pay...
....to watch our friends act.
Oh the irony. I love the Education Ministry; far-sighted and considerate fellows all. Higher standards for SPM this year? No problemo. We tell these juvenile seventeen-year-olds (and younger) that SPM is kacang putih as long as you study hard all year and you'll be guaranteed that big, beautiful A.
And then they had the brilliant idea to raise the standard. Anyone read about the 10% co-curricular marks required for entry into public unis?
But I digress. What I meant to say was this: The Education Ministry encourages us to get involved in the arts by organizing competitions, but they limit the number of participants to slightly more than a dozen, comprising of both cast and crew.
Where is the logic in this, people??
Don't you realise that you're depriving me of my one and only chance to see Gavin Yap in person - if he does come to judge?
They have just raised mental torture to a whole new level. What a fantastic breakthrough.
So, here's the week's load of grouses. One disadvantage of being with people a year older is I start to think like them. (Is this good or bad?)
About that pic of Dan Radcliffe from the previous post...his facial expression roughly describes my feelings as I created this blog. Kind of a 'what-the-hell-did-I-do-and-how-did-I-get-here' look. Hope you get what I mean though.
SPM is morbid hell, physical, mental and emotional. Agree?
...that I decided to have my own blog.
Spent almost half an hour trying to create links...due to my inexperience and inability to manouevre round this sticky spider's web called the Internet (what a blessing, what a tragic curse)...I gave up.
Patience is a virtue, but I prefer to stay sane before I end up bashing the computer in uncontrolled rage and hysteria.
Anyway, wanted to say a big THANK YOU for those who have viewed this pitiful excuse of a blog. Your support is invaluable, really appreciate it, but I don't think this is what you want to read eh?
Drama competition at the Actors Studio coming and yet again - third time! - the crew members are on unstable ground. Only limited places for the cast and those involved in technical stuff...which means crew members might have to pay...
....to watch our friends act.
Oh the irony. I love the Education Ministry; far-sighted and considerate fellows all. Higher standards for SPM this year? No problemo. We tell these juvenile seventeen-year-olds (and younger) that SPM is kacang putih as long as you study hard all year and you'll be guaranteed that big, beautiful A.
And then they had the brilliant idea to raise the standard. Anyone read about the 10% co-curricular marks required for entry into public unis?
But I digress. What I meant to say was this: The Education Ministry encourages us to get involved in the arts by organizing competitions, but they limit the number of participants to slightly more than a dozen, comprising of both cast and crew.
Where is the logic in this, people??
Don't you realise that you're depriving me of my one and only chance to see Gavin Yap in person - if he does come to judge?
They have just raised mental torture to a whole new level. What a fantastic breakthrough.
So, here's the week's load of grouses. One disadvantage of being with people a year older is I start to think like them. (Is this good or bad?)
About that pic of Dan Radcliffe from the previous post...his facial expression roughly describes my feelings as I created this blog. Kind of a 'what-the-hell-did-I-do-and-how-did-I-get-here' look. Hope you get what I mean though.
SPM is morbid hell, physical, mental and emotional. Agree?

5 Comments:
hemhem...nice to see that *fill in the blank urself* left a comment. coughthecough1stcoughone
kidding, yeen.
i can see you jumping up and down in mock rage. i'm in the beyond
Love your blog! Write another post soon! :D
hey tyla!
love the way u write! it's sad that journalism isn't your parents' first choice for their their 'super-duper smart' daughter. you would make a great writer.
anyway, i share your hope in meeting Gavin Yap :)
-surekha-
thanks ainaa and surekha! now where is that crazylei with her numero uno...
chill...
lol..so emotional eh...?
but then im siding you.. =D
quite true about the "higher standard" marking scheme eh... ^^
~jiayi~
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home