unwanted attention
It's been a hectic week...for me, that is.
I've been receiving some attention from teachers - and not exactly good attention, mind.
The first incident was on Monday, when only a quarter of the class came - yes, the prefects were off partying the entire day while we languished in History - and it happened during English. Pn. Madeline was talking to Bertrand and Jamie up front, and I was quietly doing my work (like I always do) when I looked up and caught Pn. Madeline's eye.
She asked me: 'Are you troubled, Yeen Lynn?'
Eh...? I was flummoxed, really, since teachers don't ask questions like this, do they?
She then went on to to say, 'You give me the impression of being troubled, for some reason. You always look worried.'
I smiled, answered evasively, and kind of gave her the impression that my troubled expression was due to SPM.
Well, yeah, I am worried about SPM. But I'm worried about other things too...personal stuff. I'm worried to the point of being over-anxious.
But this was the first time that a teacher actually noticed. Quite shocking, to me.
The second incident was in Physics yesterday; I was in some sort of problem - a few of you know why - and I had just sat down, out of breath and mind all out of kilter, when Pn. Santhi gave me this wonderful smile and informed me that I will be teaching the class on Friday about diodes.
I was - bewildered, shocked, surprised, absolutely jarred out of my peace of mind.
Anyway - you get the idea. Me giving notes to the entire class?! I don't even know what's going on in this chapter!
On other pleasant-er matters...Black Holes and Revelations by Muse is WON-DER-FUL!
The music is more layered, more epic (to the point of being bombastic sometimes) and synthesizers are used heavily. This album could be classified under the 'electrorock-pop-opera' genre if there were one. The tone is also less depressing than Absolution; well, look at Supermassive Black Hole for instance. The lyrics are clearly written by an infatuated man. (Imagine - Matt Bellamy in love! With an Italian girl! And I'm not sorry for writing the entire song on the 5 Seroja blackboard. Some people just don't appreciate musical genius.)
Notable tracks in this album are:
I've been receiving some attention from teachers - and not exactly good attention, mind.
The first incident was on Monday, when only a quarter of the class came - yes, the prefects were off partying the entire day while we languished in History - and it happened during English. Pn. Madeline was talking to Bertrand and Jamie up front, and I was quietly doing my work (like I always do) when I looked up and caught Pn. Madeline's eye.
She asked me: 'Are you troubled, Yeen Lynn?'
Eh...? I was flummoxed, really, since teachers don't ask questions like this, do they?
She then went on to to say, 'You give me the impression of being troubled, for some reason. You always look worried.'
I smiled, answered evasively, and kind of gave her the impression that my troubled expression was due to SPM.
Well, yeah, I am worried about SPM. But I'm worried about other things too...personal stuff. I'm worried to the point of being over-anxious.
But this was the first time that a teacher actually noticed. Quite shocking, to me.
The second incident was in Physics yesterday; I was in some sort of problem - a few of you know why - and I had just sat down, out of breath and mind all out of kilter, when Pn. Santhi gave me this wonderful smile and informed me that I will be teaching the class on Friday about diodes.
I was - bewildered, shocked, surprised, absolutely jarred out of my peace of mind.
Anyway - you get the idea. Me giving notes to the entire class?! I don't even know what's going on in this chapter!
On other pleasant-er matters...Black Holes and Revelations by Muse is WON-DER-FUL!
The music is more layered, more epic (to the point of being bombastic sometimes) and synthesizers are used heavily. This album could be classified under the 'electrorock-pop-opera' genre if there were one. The tone is also less depressing than Absolution; well, look at Supermassive Black Hole for instance. The lyrics are clearly written by an infatuated man. (Imagine - Matt Bellamy in love! With an Italian girl! And I'm not sorry for writing the entire song on the 5 Seroja blackboard. Some people just don't appreciate musical genius.)
Notable tracks in this album are:
- Take a Bow - the synth effects are really cool
- Supermassive Black Hole - my favourite, Matt Bellamy's falsetto vocals are demented-ly sexy here
- Map of the Problematique - the synth effects are repetitive, but so frantic and lovely...
- Soldier's Poem - a ballad, of all things. Did you know that Bellamy did a cover of 'I Can't Take My Eyes Off You' before?
- City of Delusion - I'm writing some of Chin Lei's reviews here too...she loved this track. The strings at the beginning have a Middle Eastern/ Mediterranean feel, and the song sounds like a cross between folk and rock.
- Hoodoo - I liked this song, a bit like the one mentioned above. By the way, think about Matt with Penny...
- Knights of Cydonia - the uber epic rock opera. Unfortunately...the sound effects at the beginning kinda ruined it for me; the laser guns reminded of those Happy Meal toys going pshew pshew beep beep. But CL loved this song though...and it is really good, just that it takes some getting used to.
In a nutshell, this album is GOOD. It's even better than the last...but I'll always remain loyal to my 'Time is running out'.
Green Day isn't the only band going 'politically critical'; Muse just jumped on the bandwagon. I preferred the lyrics from the previous album to this, but the music in Black Holes is better.
I thought I was a fool for no one/ Oo baby I'm a fool for you/ You're the queen of the superficial/ How long before you tell the truth

4 Comments:
You NAUGHTY NAUGHTY NAUGHTY girl!
I've not been away from my computer for hours! Bad bad bad bad! Bad decadent indulgent fanfiction which you shouldn't have recommended me!
I wouldve messaged you on msn instead but you're not on (INTENTIONALLY MEAN! MEAN!), and I can't find your number (Mean! Mean! YOU DIDNT NOT DARE TO GIVE IT TO ME!)
*sniff* You're evil.
soreee, ainaa...but i just HAD to share this wonderful decadent fanfiction with you. =) lovely, lovely customer service!
i take it u've shared the wonderful customer service with others, yeen. do i sense the arrival of more draco-addicts?
should i say "ah, another of my doings?" or not? :):):)
Draco yes yes yes.
Customer Service: Good.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home