Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sorrowful? *Pfffft!*

I've been in a bad mood for the past few days, and though Canteen Day was two days ago, I had mixed feelings about it.

But today! Today! The sun is shining, the birds are singing, I'm dancing...(quote by Kenneth Chaw) and I'm in a sufficiently good mood to write this. =)

Never underestimate the joys and comfort of retail therapy. (I'm sure a few of you girls would agree with me here.) Went about 1 Utama with the sole intent of window-shopping and people-observation (no, I don't ogle, but I observe - and that's normal enough, isn't it?) but the books in MPH were just calling out - begging - to be bought by me and I only!

I finally decided on a book by Goethe, The Sorrows of Young Werther...I have expectations for it, and it's not good because I might end up disappointed! (I even looked up Wikipedia for it yesterday *blush*; I have no life, yeah, have to agree with you.)

But right now, I'm feeling kinda guilty.

I'm currently halfway through James Joyce's Dubliners, a collection of short stories describing life in Dublin with the sub-theme on Catholic Dublin society. The style of writing is different, as it emphasizes on the characters' thoughts and opinions and not on the descriptions central to the story. There's some literary term for this style of writing...stream-of-consciousness, I think.

The other book I'm reading is Life of Pi by Yann Martel. I wasn't quite interested in this book at first, but something led me to pick this up when I visited Reader's Corner in Subang Parade recently. And what a book...I have only read till the seventeenth chapter, but I can't put it down yet! I did skip to the later chapters (one of my sad failings: impatience) and I have been wondering: Who names a Royal Bengal tiger Richard Parker anyway? But I guess Pi is to be forgiven, what with his isolation and unfortunate fate floating adrift on the Pacific Ocean. (I have been thinking of new names for my future pet cats - interesting past time - and what do you think of Mr. Garlic and Miss Tapioca? No? Madame Paprika? How about Matt Bellamy? Or better yet: She-Who-Miaows-When-I-Get-the-Cat-Food-Out-or-It's-Time-for-Dinner. What a mouthful!)

I can name the cat Ginger. But there will only be one Ginger. So maybe I'll name he/she Cat. Or Koo-ching.

Clearly, I'm out of my mind. THANK YOU MATT BELLAMY! I LOVE YOU!! *muacks*

...

(Repeat after me: dot dot dot. Remember - with full deliberation and purpose. And three poking gestures to the person you wish to annoy. Preferably Yuvha. But I don't think she visits my blog anyway, so don't tell her I told you to.)

Shhhh. Secrets are meant to be kept, and your protuberant, obnoxiously huge and disgustingly gargantuan nose is meant to be KEPT OUT of my private business. (I'm saying this to the select few people who seem to have developed a morbid interest in what I say to a certain person. They're mostly from 5 Seroja, sadly.)

Ah well. Curiosity is in everyone, but it did murder an unnamed and unspecified kitty, ya know.

Trials is in three weeks! What am I to do?!

Anyway, keep rawking on, anyone who reads this, because my imagination is dead right now. I need inspiration from you people. (^.^)V

For your amusement, here's a very amusing - but you might call it sick - poem. (Eugene, your sense of humour is beginning to rub off on unwitting victims.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home