Blue oscillating clowns and yellow butterflies
Yes yes, it's odd that I keep talking about blue clowns without any obvious reason. And butterflies. But remember that Muse song - Butterflies and Hurricanes? Of course I'll never forget it!
I don't know why, really.
I'm just -!!
Very elated! Joyful! Surprised!
Well, it sounds like I'm blowing my own trumpet, but I CAN'T HELP IT!
Scream! Run for your lives! Because all hell shalt break loose!
Exams are over! My life has returned to sanity! Yuvha likes Muse! She liked Dead Star, Time is running out and Plug in baby!
All right. Take a deep breath, Lynn, don't get hysterical.
*gasps for air because I'm thinking about Matthew Broderick yesterday...hell!*
Okey dokey. Well, life does hand me candy sometimes, though I have thought that I was getting all bitter and sweet lemons. Oh, and now I'm getting wine. (Though I can't say that I like the taste and smell of wine.) Fine then - chocolate! Lovely oozing scrumplicious voluptuous delicious supercallifragilistically insane heaven chocolate. (And some people are still withholding that Swiss chocolate - meanie pinkie!)
I've been oscillating and bergetaring (yes, that word doesn't exist in English, but it does in Manglish!) in my moods since yesterday. Yesterday was so very surreal that I couldn't find the words to blog...it was...strange...unexpected. And it was on a personal level too, so I was quite unsure whether I should talk about it here. (No emo posts, Lynn!)
Now my mind's a mess - is that New Born I hear? Oh the poor neighbours, such noise pollution you have to endure! - and I've been laughing and giggling to myself since last night. Haven't been this happy since my birthday.
It's a very good thing, believe me. I wonder how certain people can stand my hyperactivity, boundless exuberance and general crappingness today. I'm touched! Thank you! I am eternally indebted to you!
Ahem. On to other things...
I'm flattered that you took the time to read. Thank you. I really appreciate it, ya know.
Don't
Let yourself down
Don't let yourself go
Your last chance has arrived. ~ Butterflies and Hurricanes, Muse
Hold on. I had a weird mental image yesterday - and that was before I saw that extremely light-hearted (what's the synonym for light-hearted - gay) guy in a sparkly evening dress.
I was listening to Muse's rock opera, Knights of Cydonia and when Matt Bellamy sang this refrain in his falsetto -
No-one's going to take me alive
The time has come to make things right
You and I must fight for our rights
You and I must fight to survive
- I thought about Matt taking on the role of a soprano in an opera. A futuristic opera, where the lead singer - which is Matt himself - sings in a lovely Dolce and Gabbana gown.
Chin Lei reacted with her trademark dot dot dot. Pretty normal behaviour for me actually. But heck, Matt singing the soprano in a dress makes a much better video than the original cheesy Western one.
Muse isn't perfect! (Ab-so-lute-ly shocking that Lynn actually said this!) They make rubbish music videos! *sobsob* Panic! at the Disco achieved something they never did! That band made lovely videos! Woe! The utter disappointment!
I must go on standing
You can't break that which isn't yours
I, oh, must go on standing
I'm not my own, it's not my choice
~ Apres Moi, Regina Spektor
Life isn't all about roses and rainbows and free teh tarik and clean toilets...but hey, despite the rainy days, it's pretty good after all.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." ~ George Bernard Shaw
(One of my favourite quotes!)
P.S. Did anybody notice that the short passage in the EST paper today on Alzheimer's Disease describes AD as "a progressive dementing illness"? I thought about Muse, I thought about Matt Bellamy - and I started giggling to myself. What a crap sense of humour I have!
"Remember, beneath every cynic there lies a romantic, and probably an injured one." ~ Glenn Beck
I don't know why, really.
I'm just -!!
Very elated! Joyful! Surprised!
Well, it sounds like I'm blowing my own trumpet, but I CAN'T HELP IT!
Scream! Run for your lives! Because all hell shalt break loose!
Exams are over! My life has returned to sanity! Yuvha likes Muse! She liked Dead Star, Time is running out and Plug in baby!
All right. Take a deep breath, Lynn, don't get hysterical.
*gasps for air because I'm thinking about Matthew Broderick yesterday...hell!*
Okey dokey. Well, life does hand me candy sometimes, though I have thought that I was getting all bitter and sweet lemons. Oh, and now I'm getting wine. (Though I can't say that I like the taste and smell of wine.) Fine then - chocolate! Lovely oozing scrumplicious voluptuous delicious supercallifragilistically insane heaven chocolate. (And some people are still withholding that Swiss chocolate - meanie pinkie!)
I've been oscillating and bergetaring (yes, that word doesn't exist in English, but it does in Manglish!) in my moods since yesterday. Yesterday was so very surreal that I couldn't find the words to blog...it was...strange...unexpected. And it was on a personal level too, so I was quite unsure whether I should talk about it here. (No emo posts, Lynn!)
Now my mind's a mess - is that New Born I hear? Oh the poor neighbours, such noise pollution you have to endure! - and I've been laughing and giggling to myself since last night. Haven't been this happy since my birthday.
It's a very good thing, believe me. I wonder how certain people can stand my hyperactivity, boundless exuberance and general crappingness today. I'm touched! Thank you! I am eternally indebted to you!
Ahem. On to other things...
I'm flattered that you took the time to read. Thank you. I really appreciate it, ya know.
Don't
Let yourself down
Don't let yourself go
Your last chance has arrived. ~ Butterflies and Hurricanes, Muse
Hold on. I had a weird mental image yesterday - and that was before I saw that extremely light-hearted (what's the synonym for light-hearted - gay) guy in a sparkly evening dress.
I was listening to Muse's rock opera, Knights of Cydonia and when Matt Bellamy sang this refrain in his falsetto -
No-one's going to take me alive
The time has come to make things right
You and I must fight for our rights
You and I must fight to survive
- I thought about Matt taking on the role of a soprano in an opera. A futuristic opera, where the lead singer - which is Matt himself - sings in a lovely Dolce and Gabbana gown.
Chin Lei reacted with her trademark dot dot dot. Pretty normal behaviour for me actually. But heck, Matt singing the soprano in a dress makes a much better video than the original cheesy Western one.
Muse isn't perfect! (Ab-so-lute-ly shocking that Lynn actually said this!) They make rubbish music videos! *sobsob* Panic! at the Disco achieved something they never did! That band made lovely videos! Woe! The utter disappointment!
I must go on standing
You can't break that which isn't yours
I, oh, must go on standing
I'm not my own, it's not my choice
~ Apres Moi, Regina Spektor
Life isn't all about roses and rainbows and free teh tarik and clean toilets...but hey, despite the rainy days, it's pretty good after all.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." ~ George Bernard Shaw
(One of my favourite quotes!)
P.S. Did anybody notice that the short passage in the EST paper today on Alzheimer's Disease describes AD as "a progressive dementing illness"? I thought about Muse, I thought about Matt Bellamy - and I started giggling to myself. What a crap sense of humour I have!
"Remember, beneath every cynic there lies a romantic, and probably an injured one." ~ Glenn Beck

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home