Friday, September 22, 2006

Starlight, starbright -

Muse you light up my life!

Just paid a visit - and it was a long one too! - to Muse's newly updated site. Very, very nice, this one. DO check out the media section - videos and songs you can listen to for free.

Okay, I take back what I said in my last post. Muse does NOT produce crap music videos. I got really discouraged when I viewed their Knights of Cydonia video for the first and last time. And though Jess said Starlight made a boring video, I'll say it's their sanest so far. (Besides, Jess, you aren't a Muse fan yet!) Chin Lei, you MUST check this one out. Matt looks really sane (not to mention - in your own words - hot) and charismatic here.

Other videos to recommend: Plug in baby, Feeling Good and Stockholm Syndrome. The site has the US version of Time is running out, and it's about the same as the MTV version, but sans those questionable ladies dancing on the table. The US version has more close-ups of Matt (Chin Lei - !!) and the scenes are not so erratic. And by the way, do have a look at Bliss; Matt in all his red-headed post-punk glory.

Have I mentioned that I really like Matt's hair? =)

LOVE the site. It's much better than those teenage Las Vegas boys - but then again, they produce very radio-friendly music.

Muse just never ceases to impress!

Well, many many people have expressed their definite opinion that Matt isn't cute. Of course he isn't. He isn't good-looking - I agree with you there. He isn't sexy - it depends on your definition of what's hot and what isn't. But Matt has a LOT of this: charisma.

He just grabs your attention in those vids! (Oh yeah, Matt's guitar in Plug in baby is wickedly insane.) He might not be as good-looking as the next man (make sure Stan isn't right beside you; you'll never live in peace, mind you), or as conventionally sexy as Brandon Routh or even Johnny Depp.

But he makes such lovely mind-blowing music, and he has presence! Full stop.

All right, enough of the Muse fan ranting. Bear with me lah, I can't help it. (And neither do you, Miss Yeo!)

Here are a few interesting facts over the past few days:

1. Shireen admits that Time is running out is good music!
2. Yuvha likes Muse!
3. Congrats Yuvy!!
4. Several people were on the list of nominees for prom king and queen - including yours truly, unfortunately. Maybe I'm looking at things from the bottom of a scratched bottle, but I wasn't thrilled when the others told me about it. I was more incredulous than pleased. (Those people who came up with the nominations must be insane. Blind, more like. Moi? That's so random! *rantrantrantrant* )
5. I got my wake-up call. At last.
6. There's not much of a line between heaven and hell. Even the place betwixt-and-between is so precarious it's like walking on tightrope. Seriously.

I shall not post anymore emo stuff here...it's not quite fair, is it, to burden you with the little boring details of my not-so-fascinating life? Besides, reading over-emotional posts affects me too.

Well yeah, maybe I'm chicken about writing my personal matters here - but maybe, maybe, it's for the better.

Breathe a sigh of relief, people - the bad days are looming up unto me, but I shall carry on, regardless. And I'll try not to be too emotional here. No more.

Starlight
I will be chasing the starlight
Until the end of my life
I don't know if it's worth it anymore

~ Starlight, Muse

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey!

i want starlight! yay chin lei, you're the woman! it's weird but i find matt ermm..ok maybe not hot..but well..interestingly good-looking. his cheekbones are delicate :) and i like his stare..very intense.

you know most of the people i know don't even find johnny depp conventionally good-looking. so i'll just say that my taste is rather ermm..different. grace doesn't see how i can go nuts over him (grace ah, you think bao chun lai's good-looking but not johnny depp). at least she agrees that anthony cooper (CNN dude) is charismatic. right grace?

1:05 pm, September 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi surekha! =)

depp isn't conventionally good-looking? hmm...i thought many women were kind of fascinated by him.

but! matt will always be oh-so-interesting to me! =D

2:07 pm, September 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit (also) that Muse is a fantastic band that produces great music. Its just the right blend of rhythm and rock. Not too plain jane like ordinary rock songs and not those type of extreme metal sh*t... Its just oh so eccentric and marvellous. (My fav is Supermassive Black Hole esp. the front part)

-X2- I Wear Gucci.

11:14 pm, September 23, 2006  
Blogger Ainaa said...

I stand by the fact that Matthew Bellamy is incredibly good looking.

Especially in the starlight video, in that black trench coat and guitar slung over his back. Uoohaghh.

11:17 am, September 24, 2006  
Blogger Lynn said...

X2: you! are! listening to MUSE!!
Yaaayyy!!!!!

yup, agree with you there. and supermassive's one of fave muse songs too! =D

(What's with the Gucci? What about Prada? =P)

ainaa: hi! it's been quite long since i've seen you online! =)

yes...that video. loved it.

good luck for your PMR! =D

7:29 pm, September 24, 2006  
Blogger Grace said...

johnny depp is.. ok la. he's YOUR type la. like hippie type :/ i dunno.

bao chun lai is cute! ok, maybe it's the chinese thingy going on. but chunlai is cute. he's cute he's cute he's cute.

but kaka's still DA MAN. MY MAN!

8:37 pm, September 24, 2006  
Blogger Grace said...

chunlai's got the baby face-ish looks. like kaka.

but kaka's still my man. my dude. my hunk. my hearthrob. my lengchai. my brazilian guy.

and yes, anderson cooper's got that charisma that wouldn't mind me letting him be the father of my children.

muahahahaha.

and his white hair. who wears white hair that nicely?

his white hair is like the whole me. it's that part that makes you look good!

but kaka's still THE hunkaburninglove

8:39 pm, September 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

grace!!

alamak, forgot to give ya what i promised =P

you and your kaka...and i'll stick with my matt! =)

8:42 pm, September 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home