Monday, October 09, 2006

Say what?

Reading about neurosis on Wiki tonight, though I KNOW I should be studying for Physics on Wednesday.

And I have just found this on the page describing obsessive compulsive disorder:

A need for both sides of the body to feel even. A person with OCD might walk down a sidewalk and step on a crack with the ball of their left foot, then feel the need to step on another crack with the ball of their right foot. Also, if one hand gets wet, the sufferer may feel very uncomfortable if the other is not.

I know I might be freaking out for no reason whatsoever, but the strange thing was I went through an indefinite period of time with this 'need'. I think I was about seven or eight then...it was odd, and I really felt that I had to 'balance' out both sides of my feet or hands though I could not understand the reason why I felt that I had to do so.

But I'm all right now! =) It was just a passing phase, I guess. Nothing to worry about...but I think I was under some stress then and I didn't know how to cope with it.

And it's also interesting to read about perfectionism...

Heh. I'm exhibiting signs of neuroticism. One of the components of the Big Five personality traits. (Did Yin Kit talk about this for his EST presentation?)

Neuroticism refers to the tendency to experience negative feelings.

Examples of neuroticism include:

a) I have frequent mood swings.
b) I get irritated easily.
c) I worry about things.

And others which would make you question whether I am ever in a good mood at all.

I tend to swing from over-exuberant cheerfulness (to the extent that some people question my sanity) to really silent, glaring moroseness. And it's not fair to blame hormones all the time, because it's "all in the head"...

And here you can read all about the Ego. (See, it's not something terrible and all about arrogance! Stop smirking, Jess, if you are reading this.)

Shadows in the mind. I thought I was growing crazy when I started talking to myself in my head. But it's not so bad after all...because funnily, that other person can be surprisingly logical and calm when I'm stressed out and emotional. (I won't look at Gollum/ Smeagol so badly now. Poor guy.)

I think I would understand these subjects better if I actually read the articles fully. I'm just glancing through them!

And now for gerak gempur.

Can't wait.

In Seroja, Lima Seroja
Yuvha begins to yawn
She's the beauty with the brains
the mouth, the voice and the brawn.

Sounds familiar? Sing it to the tune of Yuvha's favourite song!

I'm not obsessed with her. But it does distract my less-than-happy thoughts about SPM.

And now I'm going to make a promise (which I really do hope I can stick to):

I'm going to blog only ONCE each week until SPM!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

I want a song tooo! :(

2:39 pm, October 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe~ are you sure that you can keep your promise huh? =P

jiayi

1:42 pm, October 11, 2006  
Blogger Lynn said...

grace: waaaaaaahhh, I'm that good in writing songs? Hold on a bit...will think!

Yuvha: So thick-skinned! EEEYEERRRRRR!!!!

jia yi: I really hope so! ;)

2:43 pm, October 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home