Friday, October 06, 2006

Sentuh dan pergi

My father's sense of humour. Touch-and-Go in bahasa kebangsaan kita.

Reminds me of Grace and Kenneth's rendition of Hilary Duff's Wake Up: Bangun, bangun, pada malam Sabtu/ mungkin New York/ mungkin Hollywood dan Vine!

Anyway.

Congrats, Shahira! First person to answer the Muse question! (And here I was thinking that Muse fans are getting lesser every day. Har har...sorry, Yuvha. Your presence will be guaranteed here for the next five posts!)

Well...the annual Lantern/ Mooncake Festival is today. And the very tragic part is...I have no idea what to do. For the past few years, I would stick candles all over the place with my sister, crouching in the mosquito-infested darkness and arguing over where we should place the 17th, the 25th or the 101th candle. And as the night progressed, we would argue about whose turn it was to burn the candle boxes...

I tried lighting a few candles by myself a while ago. Took out the camera to get a few shots, then just when I noticed a really good one - the battery goes

DEAD.

So it didn't go so well then. Hmpf. And I saw a bunch of Form 5 students out walking with lanterns at about 11.15 p.m.

I suppose you angelically good Science students are busy studying right now...unlike this poorly misguided person. (Yuvha!! Put that book down NOW! Or are you watching The Contender? =P)

I was reading Xiaxue's blog yesterday, and I have been wondering...

...about the unspoken rules of blogging which apply to every blogger...

...such as not belittling people...

...or blasting people unfairly (and emotionally too)...

...and the over usage of the F-word and exclamation marks. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I could be judging too soon, because that was my first visit to her blog. (She won the award for Best Asian Blog!)

But then again. Is it right to label someone as stupid and useless, no matter how angry you are at that person? That person could be the biggest fool in the Universe, perhaps, but is it right to express yourself in an emotional(ly violent) way?

Okay. I'm going to zip my mouth up now. The last time I criticized someone's blog, said person managed to find my blog and leave a comment.

And it's not that I'm a suitable person to judge, am I...? (Not sufficiently mature and intellectual, blah blah blah and etc.)

Onward to other neutral stuff - found this link on THINK Online. Give it a try la, it's interesting to see the stuff people leave there. (I left a crap poem; someone went and destroyed it. Drat. But it wasn't that good after all. Oh well, nothing gained, nothing lost!)

It's getting really heart-thumpingly scary now when 5 Serojians (and Tanjungians...eh, doesn't sound so nice; Tanjungese? Tanjunians? Tanjung Rambutans?) compare the days left to SPM.

Bang bang bang.

Yuvha, you light up my life
I'm sorry I didn't give you Starlight
so please please don't be mad
'cause that would make me so sad!

~ Verse 2

I don't want to move a thing,
It might change my memory

~ Here with Me, Dido

2 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

..dan mungkin hollywood JUGA..

12:04 am, October 09, 2006  
Blogger Lynn said...

ada mistake kah?

sorry grace! ;P

ada orang cakap
pasal saya
tahu nama saya...etc. etc. =D

11:47 am, October 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home