Sing a song of sixpence
...a pocket full of rhyme!
Don't look at the time of this post - do NOT look - oh well. You looked. Past eleven and Add Maths tomorrow. Just had the urge to annoy more people with my boring posts after three hours of Add Maths today!
And because my brain has been mashed into such a nice potato-ey pulp by now, I can only do some meme thingy I stole from one of Sunny June's older posts. (What happened to memes anyway?)
Currently Reading: The Harmony Silk Factory by Tash Aw, a bit of Dubliners by James Joyce and some fantasy short stories.
Next Reading: The Swimming-Pool Library by Alan Hollinghurst, perhaps? Or Perfume by Patrick Sueskind? (Slap me, Chin Lei!) I'm thinking about Kiran Desai's The Inheritance of Loss too...
Last Book Read: Artemis Fowl and the Lost Colony by the one and only Eoin Colfer!
Last Book Bought: That was the last book I bought, together with The Time Traveller's Wife. The latter one got too depressing...I haven't finished it.
Longest Book Owned: Does The Lord of the Rings count?
Shortest Book Owned: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. It seems really short for me...I don't think our English Lit books count, do they?
Favourite Book: Tricky one here. I'm going with Jostein Gaarder's The Solitaire Mystery, Lois Lowry's The Giver and Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. And wait - Diana Wynne Jones's Fire and Hemlock!
Book Read the Most Times: I have absolutely no idea.
Least Favourite Book: My History textbooks. Maybe Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson; I never got round to completing it. I didn't buy it...it was my father who tried to interest me in it. But I guess my tastes in books are somewhat different from his lah...
Favourite "Serious" Fiction: I have no idea! The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath? Never Let Me Go by Ishiguro?
Favourite Comedy: Funny. I have no idea again. I guess it's Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels (though some might disagree, eh?)
Favourite Classic: A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Favourite Shakespeare: Haven't read much Shakespeare, but I'm going with A Midsummer's Night Dream (because there are so many twinkly wee fairies in there).
Favourite Poetry Collection/ Poet: Pablo Neruda
Favourite Fantasy: Diana Wynne Jones and Terry Pratchett
Favourite Sci-Fi: I don't understand them! Too much info overload!
Favourite Non-Fiction: At present, The Diary of Anne Frank
Favourite Historical Fiction: I don't read much historical fiction...maybe Tash Aw's novel?
Favourite Chick/ Lad Lit: Heh. Sophie Kinsella's Can You Keep A Secret?. But then again, I don't read much of this.
Favourite Horror: Russell Lee's True Singapore Ghost Stories. Scares the hell out of me every time.
Favourite YA: Debatable. I find more and more YA books in adult fiction now. I'm going with The Bell Jar - but I'm not sure if it is under this genre.
Favourite Manga/ Comic/ Graphic Novel: I used to read Doraemon when I was much, much younger. Sheesh. Does anyone have Gaiman's The Sandman?
Favourite "Other" Genre: No ideah
Favourite Series: Artemis Fowl and Discworld
Favourite Short Story: Several. The Dead by James Joyce, The Problem of Susan by Neil Gaiman, The Moth by Virginia Woolf, and etc. because I can't remember.
Favourite Play: Haven't read much plays. The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde (but I still don't like Algernon).
Best Book Read This Year: The Accidental by Ali Smith, Stardust and Coraline by Neil Gaiman. AND Artemis Fowl!
Worst Book Read This Year: Can't think. I'm still having trouble reading Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen. The heroine is too insipidly boring!
And so ends the meme.
I'm not tagging anyone - because you're already so busy with your SPM preparations!
Now I have to get me some sleep. It's almost twelve!
After all the jacks are in their boxes,
And the clowns have all gone to bed,
You can hear happiness staggering on down the street,
Footprints dressed in red.
~ Wind Cries Mary, Jamie Cullum
*And Lynn, you have to stu-dy!*
Don't look at the time of this post - do NOT look - oh well. You looked. Past eleven and Add Maths tomorrow. Just had the urge to annoy more people with my boring posts after three hours of Add Maths today!
And because my brain has been mashed into such a nice potato-ey pulp by now, I can only do some meme thingy I stole from one of Sunny June's older posts. (What happened to memes anyway?)
Currently Reading: The Harmony Silk Factory by Tash Aw, a bit of Dubliners by James Joyce and some fantasy short stories.
Next Reading: The Swimming-Pool Library by Alan Hollinghurst, perhaps? Or Perfume by Patrick Sueskind? (Slap me, Chin Lei!) I'm thinking about Kiran Desai's The Inheritance of Loss too...
Last Book Read: Artemis Fowl and the Lost Colony by the one and only Eoin Colfer!
Last Book Bought: That was the last book I bought, together with The Time Traveller's Wife. The latter one got too depressing...I haven't finished it.
Longest Book Owned: Does The Lord of the Rings count?
Shortest Book Owned: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. It seems really short for me...I don't think our English Lit books count, do they?
Favourite Book: Tricky one here. I'm going with Jostein Gaarder's The Solitaire Mystery, Lois Lowry's The Giver and Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. And wait - Diana Wynne Jones's Fire and Hemlock!
Book Read the Most Times: I have absolutely no idea.
Least Favourite Book: My History textbooks. Maybe Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson; I never got round to completing it. I didn't buy it...it was my father who tried to interest me in it. But I guess my tastes in books are somewhat different from his lah...
Favourite "Serious" Fiction: I have no idea! The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath? Never Let Me Go by Ishiguro?
Favourite Comedy: Funny. I have no idea again. I guess it's Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels (though some might disagree, eh?)
Favourite Classic: A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Favourite Shakespeare: Haven't read much Shakespeare, but I'm going with A Midsummer's Night Dream (because there are so many twinkly wee fairies in there).
Favourite Poetry Collection/ Poet: Pablo Neruda
Favourite Fantasy: Diana Wynne Jones and Terry Pratchett
Favourite Sci-Fi: I don't understand them! Too much info overload!
Favourite Non-Fiction: At present, The Diary of Anne Frank
Favourite Historical Fiction: I don't read much historical fiction...maybe Tash Aw's novel?
Favourite Chick/ Lad Lit: Heh. Sophie Kinsella's Can You Keep A Secret?. But then again, I don't read much of this.
Favourite Horror: Russell Lee's True Singapore Ghost Stories. Scares the hell out of me every time.
Favourite YA: Debatable. I find more and more YA books in adult fiction now. I'm going with The Bell Jar - but I'm not sure if it is under this genre.
Favourite Manga/ Comic/ Graphic Novel: I used to read Doraemon when I was much, much younger. Sheesh. Does anyone have Gaiman's The Sandman?
Favourite "Other" Genre: No ideah
Favourite Series: Artemis Fowl and Discworld
Favourite Short Story: Several. The Dead by James Joyce, The Problem of Susan by Neil Gaiman, The Moth by Virginia Woolf, and etc. because I can't remember.
Favourite Play: Haven't read much plays. The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde (but I still don't like Algernon).
Best Book Read This Year: The Accidental by Ali Smith, Stardust and Coraline by Neil Gaiman. AND Artemis Fowl!
Worst Book Read This Year: Can't think. I'm still having trouble reading Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen. The heroine is too insipidly boring!
And so ends the meme.
I'm not tagging anyone - because you're already so busy with your SPM preparations!
Now I have to get me some sleep. It's almost twelve!
After all the jacks are in their boxes,
And the clowns have all gone to bed,
You can hear happiness staggering on down the street,
Footprints dressed in red.
~ Wind Cries Mary, Jamie Cullum
*And Lynn, you have to stu-dy!*

4 Comments:
what a "SHORTEST" blog ever ya~~
*wink**wink*
hey.... can you lend me the book titled "The Diary of Anne Frank" ??
pls~ pls~ pls~
erm...maybe one day after SPM ? i read very slow.... XD
hmm....harry potter series should be the longest book right?? If the Lord of the Rings is counted means....
I'm waiting anxiously for Harry Potter final book..... ^o^"
i can't control these itchy little fingers! :P
Erm...you know what, that book was my cousin's - I'm sorry, jia yi...but I'll have to ask from her first!
Lord of the Rings stretches to 1000+ pages...and truthfully, i find it better than harry potter. more consistent la...
i'm waiting anxiously for the next potter movie!! =D
then nevermind...maybe i will ask it from someone else.. =)
yaaaa.....i'm waiting for harry potter movie too!! wanna watch my idol.... hehe~~ =D
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home