Thoughts of a dry brain in a dry season
I would meet you upon this honestly.
I that was near your heart was removed therefrom
To lose beauty in terror, terror in inquisition.
I have lost my passion: why should I need to keep it
Since what is kept must be adulterated?
I have lost my sight, smell, hearing, taste and touch:
How should I use it for your closer contact?
~ Excerpt from T. S. Eliot's Gerontion
I that was near your heart was removed therefrom
To lose beauty in terror, terror in inquisition.
I have lost my passion: why should I need to keep it
Since what is kept must be adulterated?
I have lost my sight, smell, hearing, taste and touch:
How should I use it for your closer contact?
~ Excerpt from T. S. Eliot's Gerontion

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home