La la la
I love F. Scott Fitzgerald's writing. Don't ask me why I'm suddenly telling you this - The Great Gatsby was pretty good, but it wasn't my favourite exactly.
I love public domain works, cos I can read Fitzgerald's short stories like this, and this, and this, for free.
I love his metaphors. I love his descriptions. Like this:
At another time she had come to the window and stood in it magnificently, and looked out because the moon had lost its way and was dripping the strangest and most transforming brilliance into the areaway between, turning the motif of ash-cans and clothes-lines into a vivid impressionism of silver casks and gigantic gossamer cobwebs.
I love the little sentences that he drops into the narrative out of nowhere.
He wondered idly whether she was a poor conversationalist because she got no attention or got no attention because she was a poor conversationalist.
And I'm awkward and stilted because I don't know who is reading this exactly.
Which is oddly ironic, because blogs are meant to be read by your friends and random visitors, but yeah well, this is probably just me.
Would you read this if it wasn't me writing it?
PS - I get weird satisfaction in cutting my toenails on Cristiano Ronaldo's face. And I'm saying that just to annoy people =D
Don't kill me, Chin. And keep that Muse poster, Jess. :)
I love public domain works, cos I can read Fitzgerald's short stories like this, and this, and this, for free.
I love his metaphors. I love his descriptions. Like this:
At another time she had come to the window and stood in it magnificently, and looked out because the moon had lost its way and was dripping the strangest and most transforming brilliance into the areaway between, turning the motif of ash-cans and clothes-lines into a vivid impressionism of silver casks and gigantic gossamer cobwebs.
I love the little sentences that he drops into the narrative out of nowhere.
He wondered idly whether she was a poor conversationalist because she got no attention or got no attention because she was a poor conversationalist.
And I'm awkward and stilted because I don't know who is reading this exactly.
Which is oddly ironic, because blogs are meant to be read by your friends and random visitors, but yeah well, this is probably just me.
Would you read this if it wasn't me writing it?
PS - I get weird satisfaction in cutting my toenails on Cristiano Ronaldo's face. And I'm saying that just to annoy people =D
Don't kill me, Chin. And keep that Muse poster, Jess. :)

2 Comments:
No worries woman 808080 If I had his picture and a Sharpie pen with me, I'd give him one of those epic Dali moustaches. Trufax <3 And I liked the Fitzgerald passage you typed out :)
Chin!!!
Aaargh, time difference does not make me happeh.
808080 Remember the hat too. Cos it needs to cover that ugly hair <3
Yeah, I loved that part! Didn't know Fitzgerald was so good...need to hunt him down in my library. Though I really shouldn't, hee :P
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home