Today
is the 1st of November.
And the first day of Nanowrimo.
And I can't join because based on experience last year, I was a total zombie for a month.
Now I'm so chagrined that I can't join that it'll be good for you to just leave me some chocolate and scuttle off.
While I seethe with passion as I press my calculator keys, dammit*.
And SOME PEOPLE WHO ARE ON HOLIDAY aren't going to join because they are NO FUN AT ALL.
Meh.
Fanfic: But you're still writing me, right? Right? Just that you're not going to post it? But you have the whole plot mapped out already, right? Multi chapters?
Me: Oh shaddup, you.
The Malaysian Nano blog. I wish I knew about this last year...ah well.
Thanks to Chinny for the heads up - pics from the Half-Blood Prince! Blimey, Cormac McLaggen is - er - hot.
Pretty Nano icons. Sometimes I just like to make myself cry.
Reading Pratchett's Night Watch at the moment. I've acquired three new fandoms: Sam Vimes, Havelock Vetinari and...Nobby Nobbs.
Oh Lynn, you're skewed when you think Nobby Nobbs is kewt.
Anyways.
My fanfic. It be looking at me.
DIE PLOT BUNNEH, DIE.
I can just imagine Chin Lei doing this: *headdesk* Oh no you didn't - you started a new fanfic, didn't you? But you said you're done with writing fanfics!
And lo, in the deep dark of the subconscious, the Calculator rears its ugly cheap grey plastic head.
Oh, and random thing I discovered this morning:
Microsoft Word doesn't recognise elves and fairies as people. It suggested that I use "which" or "that" for them, instead of "who".
I want a Campaign for Equal Representation of Mythical Creatures in the English Language.
Ha.
*At least - I'm supposed to. But I haven't. And therein lies the eternal conundrum: To start or not to start. Starting something's usually the hardest bit for me.
And the first day of Nanowrimo.
And I can't join because based on experience last year, I was a total zombie for a month.
Now I'm so chagrined that I can't join that it'll be good for you to just leave me some chocolate and scuttle off.
While I seethe with passion as I press my calculator keys, dammit*.
And SOME PEOPLE WHO ARE ON HOLIDAY aren't going to join because they are NO FUN AT ALL.
Meh.
Fanfic: But you're still writing me, right? Right? Just that you're not going to post it? But you have the whole plot mapped out already, right? Multi chapters?
Me: Oh shaddup, you.
The Malaysian Nano blog. I wish I knew about this last year...ah well.
Thanks to Chinny for the heads up - pics from the Half-Blood Prince! Blimey, Cormac McLaggen is - er - hot.
Pretty Nano icons. Sometimes I just like to make myself cry.
Reading Pratchett's Night Watch at the moment. I've acquired three new fandoms: Sam Vimes, Havelock Vetinari and...Nobby Nobbs.
Oh Lynn, you're skewed when you think Nobby Nobbs is kewt.
Anyways.
My fanfic. It be looking at me.
DIE PLOT BUNNEH, DIE.
I can just imagine Chin Lei doing this: *headdesk* Oh no you didn't - you started a new fanfic, didn't you? But you said you're done with writing fanfics!
And lo, in the deep dark of the subconscious, the Calculator rears its ugly cheap grey plastic head.
Oh, and random thing I discovered this morning:
Microsoft Word doesn't recognise elves and fairies as people. It suggested that I use "which" or "that" for them, instead of "who".
I want a Campaign for Equal Representation of Mythical Creatures in the English Language.
Ha.
*At least - I'm supposed to. But I haven't. And therein lies the eternal conundrum: To start or not to start. Starting something's usually the hardest bit for me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home