Saturday, October 11, 2008

This post is dedicated

TO THE EEJITS WHO WOULD DOUBLE-PARK WHERE THEY SHOULD NOT.

I am so, SO very tempted to print out pages with "THANK YOU FOR DOUBLE-PARKING" and leaving a sizeable pile in my parents' cars. And then, aha, whenever someone oh-so-smartly double-parks, several sheets of this notice can be left all over the windscreen.

Drastic?

Not really. Especially when you consider the growing number of these idiots every day.

Look, I don't care if you're soooooooo hungry or soooooooo busy that you just had to double-park and then disappear to Hell who-knows-where - parking spaces have been provided, so USE THEM.

Yes, it's a hassle; yes, parking spaces are limited; yes, the roads are jammed. Still, have you considered that YOU are contributing to the jam?

Oh no, I don't think so.

So much for civic-mindedness.

And - aha - I wish someone would bring up the improvement of Malaysian public transportation as An Important Objective that Must Be Accomplished.

Waited at the bus-stop for one hour today. Not funny. Not the first time.

Plus only half of the bus-stop roof is left; the RapidKL info is about a year out of date and soggy, and the only RapidKL line that goes direct from my college to my area has been discontinued. And Metro isn't that regular, say what you will. There have been people who have waited and given up in disgust, deciding to take the taxi instead. (Of course, the taxi drivers don't use the meter there. Fares can go up to 1500% more than the bus fare.)

What the Malaysian government does not want to realise is that foreign visitors are using public transport too. OH YES THEY DO. I've spoken to an African student before, seen Japanese students trying to get a taxi and heard two girls speaking (what might be) French on the bus. Oh yeah. And all in one year only. And what impression do you think they'll get of our country?

I'm ranting again. Meh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home