Saturday, September 27, 2008

The obsession continues

So.

Watched Being Julia today. The movie that started me on my Tom Sturridge fangirling years ago.

Annette Benning was awesome. Had me laughing so much, until the younger sis stalked into the room and told me to shut up. Though - it's weird - I keep wondering whether Nicole Kidman would look like Benning in later years.

And...OHAI GROOVY DUMBLEDORE! Without the wizardy hat and half-moon glasses, of course. Michael Gambon rocks. Too bad Dumbledore has to die in the next movie =/

And Tom Stu, the main reason I watched the movie :) Not much of a main character, but every time he appears, I felt like squealing. I did, anyways. The guy is ridiculously gorgeous. Stop lurking, man.

Though he was one of the main characters in Like Minds, I didn't really like him there. Probably because his character was a psychopathic teenage killer. Who happens to look really hot. Ah well.

Anyways, been making Artemis Fowl icons from the graphic novel. Only Arty and Holly are iconed so far - the rest of the characters are just...to put it honestly...way off. Mulch looks a demented ape with too much teeth (LOL at someone's caption: "Mulch from the graphic novel, which may or may not be canon".) The artist ruined Foaly. Butler looks like his head got shrunk, while Julius Root looks like something from a popcorn war movie. And Holly's bob cut is waayy too cute.

And...Artemis. Artemis Artemis Artemis. He does look canon - but ye gawds, somebody get the kid a new haircut.

Graphic novel doesn't have any changes from the original plot...didn't expect it to have either. The Arctic Incident graphic novel will be coming out soon too. Hmm, hope they change the colouring. Too much blue and green in some panels; I can't draw or paint for carrots, yeah, but some of the very nice drawings were off because of the colouring. And the skin tones need to be warmer sikit - my warmifying application on Picasa was going on overdrive every time I edited Arty. (Because I make icons like a beginner - Paint, Picasa and patient manipulation. Some people don't have Photoshop okay.)

Why is it that I keep picturing Tom Stu as an older Artemis? That would be very wrong indeed, very much so. Because if Arty looked like Tom Stu, then he would be a Gary Stu. Meh. And then Edward Cullen wouldn't have monopoly of Gary-Stuland anymore.

I MUST NOT PICTURE TOM STU AS ARTY.
I MUST NOT PICTURE TOM STU AS ARTY.
I MUST NOT PICTURE TOM STU AS ARTY.
I MUST NOT PICTURE TOM STU AS ARTY.
I MUST NOT PICTURE TOM STU AS ARTY.

They don't look at all alike, do they?


Artemis is not impressed with your plebeian computer skills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home