On hallucinogenic herbage
Went to MPH 1 Utama today. After so long.
What happened to the Fiction section? OH I SEE WHAT YOU DID THAR, MPH. Reducing the books? Are you trying to make us go to Midvalley more often? Or boycott you and go to Kinokuniya or Borders instead?
But they did have Pratchett's Discworld. A lot. I gots me Good Omens.
And got Nation yesterday. Though I don't, as a rule, buy hardbacks. Because a) they cost too much, and b) no place on my shelves. But a) was remedied by the member's voucher me mother got. Because of my rabid book-buying.
Oh you should've seen my family members' faces whenever I get a new book. "Again? Have you read all your other books?"
Eh, I am exhibiting the standard traits of womanly shopping, i.e., buying items that I do not need particularly. Some women buy clothes, shoes, make-up, etc. - I buy books. And I compare editions and prices too, just like women tend to do.
Not that I'm, erm, implying anything about rabid book buyers. But I've been called "unladylike" because I refuse to go into ecstasies over the latest fashions. Or shoes.
Anyways.
Lots of Meyer's books on display. Meyer's other book, The Host, was spotted in the Romance section. Nyaha. Colfer's Airman was nowhere in sight, dang.
However, here's the bright side: There can be several reasons why Colfer's books are so difficult to find these days -
a. kids are still buying them
b. he's still popular here
c. MPH is not stocking
d. new fans continue to grab the books
e. Meyer does not impress here
Aha.
*grins*
Watch out for Twilight and co. at your next warehouse sales. They'll have lots there, don't worry.
Now I'm kicking myself for not getting Tolkien's The Children of Hurin in hardback at MPH Parade two weeks ago. Was going for RM 20 samore. Sudah habis apparently, now only left the normal-priced paperback edition.
Turin Turambar was the epic king of emo in Middle-Earth. Trufax. His sister, Nienor Niniel has a very interesting name too; Nienor = mourning, Niniel = Tear-maiden. His father Hurin was imprisoned by Morgoth (the uber Dark Lord before Sauron); his mother Morwen Eledhwen was always trying to find members of her family, who would insist on running off without telling her. Turin accidentally married Nienor because they never met before, and didn't know that they were siblings. And then she killed herself. And then he killed himself. And then Morwen found where they died. And then Hurin met her there after escaping Morgoth. And then she died. And then it became the most emo story ever in the history of Middle-Earth.
On second thought, maybe it was a good thing I didn't get the book. I mean, can you tolerate me being emo?
What happened to the Fiction section? OH I SEE WHAT YOU DID THAR, MPH. Reducing the books? Are you trying to make us go to Midvalley more often? Or boycott you and go to Kinokuniya or Borders instead?
But they did have Pratchett's Discworld. A lot. I gots me Good Omens.
And got Nation yesterday. Though I don't, as a rule, buy hardbacks. Because a) they cost too much, and b) no place on my shelves. But a) was remedied by the member's voucher me mother got. Because of my rabid book-buying.
Oh you should've seen my family members' faces whenever I get a new book. "Again? Have you read all your other books?"
Eh, I am exhibiting the standard traits of womanly shopping, i.e., buying items that I do not need particularly. Some women buy clothes, shoes, make-up, etc. - I buy books. And I compare editions and prices too, just like women tend to do.
Not that I'm, erm, implying anything about rabid book buyers. But I've been called "unladylike" because I refuse to go into ecstasies over the latest fashions. Or shoes.
Anyways.
Lots of Meyer's books on display. Meyer's other book, The Host, was spotted in the Romance section. Nyaha. Colfer's Airman was nowhere in sight, dang.
However, here's the bright side: There can be several reasons why Colfer's books are so difficult to find these days -
a. kids are still buying them
b. he's still popular here
c. MPH is not stocking
d. new fans continue to grab the books
e. Meyer does not impress here
Aha.
*grins*
Watch out for Twilight and co. at your next warehouse sales. They'll have lots there, don't worry.
Now I'm kicking myself for not getting Tolkien's The Children of Hurin in hardback at MPH Parade two weeks ago. Was going for RM 20 samore. Sudah habis apparently, now only left the normal-priced paperback edition.
Turin Turambar was the epic king of emo in Middle-Earth. Trufax. His sister, Nienor Niniel has a very interesting name too; Nienor = mourning, Niniel = Tear-maiden. His father Hurin was imprisoned by Morgoth (the uber Dark Lord before Sauron); his mother Morwen Eledhwen was always trying to find members of her family, who would insist on running off without telling her. Turin accidentally married Nienor because they never met before, and didn't know that they were siblings. And then she killed herself. And then he killed himself. And then Morwen found where they died. And then Hurin met her there after escaping Morgoth. And then she died. And then it became the most emo story ever in the history of Middle-Earth.
On second thought, maybe it was a good thing I didn't get the book. I mean, can you tolerate me being emo?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home