Friday, October 24, 2008

'Tis the truth you can't avoid

Last day tomorrow. Last day of classes, I mean. Then hi-ho, off I go to...you know.

There's still finals. Books to return to library. Applications to be finalized. Yadda yadda.

Two years takes such a short time, innit.

If you were to ask me what I've been doing during all that time, I don't think I can give you one answer that will stay the same. But it doesn't matter, because I don't want to anyway.

I've been high on chocolate and fanfiction lately. Too much, too much. The chocolate bar's half; the ice cream's gone (I took the last bit - again) and writing fanfiction takes up way too much of my time. Reading it is okay, I guess...just that I tend to get impatient for updates. Which rather defeats the purpose of me not writing so I can do more productive things instead...ah well.

I'm not even supposed to be here at this time...presentation tomorrow. But, ya know, me not looking forward to speaking in front of the class, so I try not to think about it.

MPH warehouse sale. I wants Making Money so badly.

And just one of those things that look nice to be posted on your blog -

Snow, by Louis MacNeice

The room was suddenly rich and the great bay-window was
Spawning snow and pink roses against it
Soundlessly collateral and incompatible:
World is suddener than we fancy it.

World is crazier and more of it than we think,
Incorrigibly plural. I peel and portion
A tangerine and spit the pips and feel
The drunkenness of things being various.

And the fire flames with a bubbling sound for world
Is more spiteful and gay than one supposes -
On the tongue and the eyes on the ears in the palms of one’s hands -
There is more than glass between the snow and the huge roses.


Don't expect an analysis of that here - I never took a Lit class in my life =.=" Shame, really.

And I used to like the word 'twilight', until SMeyer ruined it with her book. Jeez.

I counted 16 Muse songs on her playlist for the books. *shakes fist* You're not supposed to have used Take A Bow, Meyer, I was reserving that as a dedication to the epic failness of your books after I watch the movie!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home