Wednesday, May 07, 2008

"May you live in interesting times"

Can understand why Rincewind doesn't believe in that saying at all.

Now these are interesting times, indeed, but I'm starting to worry.

Food crisis. Never thought that all the times before this that my mum used to talk about the price of rice was due to the rice shortage. (Was it?) I just assumed it was inflation, since everything else was getting more expensive. Just this week, Maggi mee goreng at my favourite mamak went up by 20 sen, after going up by 50 sen earlier this year. Not funny.

Cyclone and humanitarian crisis in Myanmar. Another disaster in SE Asia, and it was only a few years ago the tsunami struck...

Rais Yatim's suggestion to make it compulsory for women under 21 to obtain permission letters from their family or the government before they leave the country. (He admits that it's impractical, now.) But was I pissed when I read the news - I mean, come on lah! How come only us girls get it? Why aren't boys under 21 subjected to the same measure? Are girls more gullible than guys? =/

American Idol today - David Archuleta crushes the other contestants. AHAHAHA. Cook felt a bit flat today, though his Baba O'Riley was pretty cool. Methinks Syesha knows her time's up, and that Jason...deserves to go home.

Giggerty geggerty, that stripped-down version of Stand by Me that David A did was awesome. No fancy-schmancy arrangements and accompanying music so loud, you can't hear what the guy's singing - always have this problem with Cook.

And interestingly...I'm still procrastinating. I think about how much this exam costs, and about the food crisis, and the people in Myanmar, and how difficult it is for people around the world to get enough food a day...and I still procrastinate, and put myself in danger of failing.

Sometimes, really, all I need is one good kick.

Scare me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home