Waiting, waiting, waiting
Just read the latest post on Neil Gaiman's blog here. I dunno, for some reason, it just made me a little bit gloomier.
It is about Douglas Adams, after all. Such a shame that H2G2 (a.k.a The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) gets so little attention here. Even the movie pun...I loved it. Some people would probably find it too bizarre and just shut it. I love it - and the sad part is, is there any news of a sequel planned?
Was reading the second H2G2 book this morning, The Restaurant at the End of Universe, and yet again, still laughed like an idiot over the jokes. I love books that do that - make me laugh over and over again, over the same jokes, in the same places, with the same pleasure. Pratchett keeps doing it, of course :) - you'll never look at little blue men the same way again - but I haven't actually found another author who does that. Maybe Eoin Colfer, but his jokes tend to be one-liners, buried somewhere among all that jargon and technicalities on technology and...Mulch's rump.
But for the really, really random stuff - so far, only Pratchett and Adams. Gaiman does get random at times, but his tone tends to be darker, more sinister. (Interesting fact - they're all British writers. A different kind of humor from American writers?)
Right, H2G2. I've always had a hard time looking for them - if I find one in MPH, it's either too pricey, or it's all-in-one (and then it's too pricey), and then I have to go all the way to Times Square just to get one. Popular has it, but at the rate they're keeping their books, it's no wonder their stock moves so slow. Wouldn't pay good money for books in the sorry condition they're in, in Popular. So yep, all my H2G2 books - I only have the first three - were all bought in warehouse sales or Pay Less.
Should really get more attention - much, much more than a certain British author whose books on a specky kid aren't that great after all, after your third read.
World Earth Day yesterday eh. And I realized that I've been going green for months! :) Took the bus after college nearly every day, and I don't often switch on the air-cond in my room (less than twice a month, really). Lynn feels proud in her little contribution towards making the environment cleaner and healthier.
Found this band on some music blog or other. Forest City Lovers on Myspace. Dropped by their site because of the album cover and name. So simple, but the name's nice, Haunting Moon Sinking. Indie, by the way. Sounds like...Stars ballads, mixed with Death Cab for Cutie.
American Idol - I'm still patiently waiting.
Waiting, waiting on the world to change...DAVID A!!!! :D
It is about Douglas Adams, after all. Such a shame that H2G2 (a.k.a The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) gets so little attention here. Even the movie pun...I loved it. Some people would probably find it too bizarre and just shut it. I love it - and the sad part is, is there any news of a sequel planned?
Was reading the second H2G2 book this morning, The Restaurant at the End of Universe, and yet again, still laughed like an idiot over the jokes. I love books that do that - make me laugh over and over again, over the same jokes, in the same places, with the same pleasure. Pratchett keeps doing it, of course :) - you'll never look at little blue men the same way again - but I haven't actually found another author who does that. Maybe Eoin Colfer, but his jokes tend to be one-liners, buried somewhere among all that jargon and technicalities on technology and...Mulch's rump.
But for the really, really random stuff - so far, only Pratchett and Adams. Gaiman does get random at times, but his tone tends to be darker, more sinister. (Interesting fact - they're all British writers. A different kind of humor from American writers?)
Right, H2G2. I've always had a hard time looking for them - if I find one in MPH, it's either too pricey, or it's all-in-one (and then it's too pricey), and then I have to go all the way to Times Square just to get one. Popular has it, but at the rate they're keeping their books, it's no wonder their stock moves so slow. Wouldn't pay good money for books in the sorry condition they're in, in Popular. So yep, all my H2G2 books - I only have the first three - were all bought in warehouse sales or Pay Less.
Should really get more attention - much, much more than a certain British author whose books on a specky kid aren't that great after all, after your third read.
World Earth Day yesterday eh. And I realized that I've been going green for months! :) Took the bus after college nearly every day, and I don't often switch on the air-cond in my room (less than twice a month, really). Lynn feels proud in her little contribution towards making the environment cleaner and healthier.
Found this band on some music blog or other. Forest City Lovers on Myspace. Dropped by their site because of the album cover and name. So simple, but the name's nice, Haunting Moon Sinking. Indie, by the way. Sounds like...Stars ballads, mixed with Death Cab for Cutie.
American Idol - I'm still patiently waiting.
Waiting, waiting on the world to change...DAVID A!!!! :D

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home