Monday, April 21, 2008

Panic at the parking lot

I love being on holiday. It's the only time I can take a 5-hour nap and my parents won't even comment on it. I earned it wei, after a semester of sleep-deprived nights.

Anyway.

LYNN HAS PASSED HER DRIVING TEST! AT LAST! AT LAST!!!

Only the inside tests la, not jalan raya. That dah beres months ago.

Was so scared, as usual. Heart nearly stopped in the parking test, nearly terlanggar tiang as I was coming out. Seriously. But whoot, the clutch saved me, and yep, I'm joining the legion of P drivers making Malaysian roads all the more terrifying for the older generation like my parents.

Rest went off with a few hiccups, but heck, am I glad it's all over!

And one of the good things of getting a license is that my parents have stated, very clearly indeed, that my younger sis is NOT to ask me to fetch her to swimming all the way in Shah Alam. Goody.

Eh, I haven't blogged properly for so long, I've forgotten how to blog.

Oh yeah, Gossip Girl on 8TV this Wednesday. 11 p.m., according to the younger one. I'm watching! :)

I read the books. They're shallow; the characters are spoilt and selfish; there isn't any plot; the only sane person in there, Dan Humphrey, spends most of his time thinking about dark thoughts and writing poems on death; I've never heard or seen half the brands mentioned in there...I still find it odd that I've read them. And the oddest thing was, I realized that Aaron Rose's character looks like Jason Castro in my head. Even before I watched AI. Wonder how he looks on TV though.

And...I think I just converted my sis to a Jimmy Eat World fan. Told her to listen to their most recent album, Chase This Light. She loved it. I rejoiced. She's never actually listened to anything not played on radio before - dismisses my poser-indie-rock preference as "boring". Now she's finally listening to something less irritating than Boys like Girls and Shayne Ward. Guide the young we must for our future.

Lol, this obsession with David Archuleta is really going global. I frequent one of the fan forums, which has members as young as 10 or 12, and as old as...erm, not too sure. Definitely older than I am anyway. And they come from all over the world, seriously, from Malaysia :), Finland, Brazil, Italy...just the other day was reading one of the threads with replies from members in Indonesia. The replies were all in Bahasa Indonesia wei...looks like our own Malay slang in some ways.

Eh wait, what was I saying.

Oh yeah. Bumped into someone at the driving school yesterday. Literally. Car came out at an awkward angle in the parking lot, and I had to reverse to masuk the jalan mati. So reversed. Then some other kid came up from behind, didn't see, terkena. Eeek. I couldn't see the car in the rearview mirror! What were you doing hiding in the left hand corner???

No dents, no crash, no sound of breaking headlights. Yep. Except that the instructor called my instructor, yadda yadda, scared the hell out of her and me by saying that I totally wrecked the car, and told my instructor that they had to meet. Bugger. The Chinese dude started laughing when he saw us. Nothing actually happened. The student was unhurt, uninjured, and untraumatized. Whoever it was, I'm really sorry. Please don't hunt me down and crash into me on the Federal Highway when you get your license, ahem.

And if you're another Porkchop Love Nugget* fan like me, then go here. Don't you just love the comic strip? ;)

Shame that Kristy Lee Cook had to leave though. She was starting to grow on me, and methinks she has the best personality among the girls. Doesn't talk back and takes criticism constructively. Plus, she's really, really pretty. Me wants Brooke out next week!!

*They're calling David A that name now on that blog. As David A would say, "Dang it!" =D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home