3-2-1
Watched A Scanner Darkly, thanks to Stan. Keanu Reeves as wooden as ever - without the cool shades and trenchcoat in The Matrix, he's just blah; Robert Downing Jr.'s funny, and loopy; the graphics got me a bit dizzy halfway through - though the shape-shifting (scramble) suit was pretty cool; Winona Ryder was boring, though I thought she could have done more; and now I'm thinking of getting the book.
Not sure if I'll have the time though.
Mock exam this Thursday, and as usual, I'm procrastinating. Haven't touched a single book or paper related to college work during this holiday.
Borders having sale this week.
MPH Warehouse sale is also on this week.
Classes start next Monday.
I'm not disappointed, just...
Anyway.
What was I saying?
Oh yeah. Been wondering - has any Malaysian author written about the country in the future? More like...a sci-fi futuristic thingy, whether utopian, dystopian or freakily realistic. Just wondering.
I can't believe that David Archuleta fans actually want to see how his locker in school looks like. It's all getting a bit too stalker-ish to me...
And have I mentioned how much I love Kinokuniya? I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I saw the shelves of new Pratchett books - in both UK and US versions, OMG!!! - but sadly, was too desperate to get China MiƩville's Un Lun Dun to get Pratchett too.
[Btw, what was Plath's journal doing in the Fiction section? It should be in Autobiography or Life Accounts or something, pfffffft.]
Un Lun Dun - YA novel, but I was hooked from the moment I saw that picture of a demented, carnivorous giraffe with its long tongue lolling out in the book. And that ninja-like dustbin!
Just happened to Google the upcoming adaptation of Plath's The Bell Jar, starring Julia Stiles. One of the results that came up was this, and includes this line: "Esther Greenwood has a strong outlook on life, and we're really looking to bring out the humor in the character," she said. "We don't want to do a depressing descent into the world of suicide."
Oh really? Not depressing at all?
[If it turns out too over-the-top happy, I'm going to rant about the movie for weeks. Trust me.]
Well, if you say Plath's funny, then I guess this paragraph has to be the funniest in the entire book. Always laugh when I read it. And so -
Then he just stood there in front of me and I kept on staring at him. The only thing I could think of was turkey neck and turkey gizzards and I felt very depressed.
She wasn't talking about the guy...not exactly. Said (hypocrite!) boyfriend has his pants off at the time.
Oh yeah. She is funny. And I was thinking that she was some depressed suicidal teen all along...
Not sure if I'll have the time though.
Mock exam this Thursday, and as usual, I'm procrastinating. Haven't touched a single book or paper related to college work during this holiday.
Borders having sale this week.
MPH Warehouse sale is also on this week.
Classes start next Monday.
I'm not disappointed, just...
Anyway.
What was I saying?
Oh yeah. Been wondering - has any Malaysian author written about the country in the future? More like...a sci-fi futuristic thingy, whether utopian, dystopian or freakily realistic. Just wondering.
I can't believe that David Archuleta fans actually want to see how his locker in school looks like. It's all getting a bit too stalker-ish to me...
And have I mentioned how much I love Kinokuniya? I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I saw the shelves of new Pratchett books - in both UK and US versions, OMG!!! - but sadly, was too desperate to get China MiƩville's Un Lun Dun to get Pratchett too.
[Btw, what was Plath's journal doing in the Fiction section? It should be in Autobiography or Life Accounts or something, pfffffft.]
Un Lun Dun - YA novel, but I was hooked from the moment I saw that picture of a demented, carnivorous giraffe with its long tongue lolling out in the book. And that ninja-like dustbin!
Just happened to Google the upcoming adaptation of Plath's The Bell Jar, starring Julia Stiles. One of the results that came up was this, and includes this line: "Esther Greenwood has a strong outlook on life, and we're really looking to bring out the humor in the character," she said. "We don't want to do a depressing descent into the world of suicide."
Oh really? Not depressing at all?
[If it turns out too over-the-top happy, I'm going to rant about the movie for weeks. Trust me.]
Well, if you say Plath's funny, then I guess this paragraph has to be the funniest in the entire book. Always laugh when I read it. And so -
Then he just stood there in front of me and I kept on staring at him. The only thing I could think of was turkey neck and turkey gizzards and I felt very depressed.
She wasn't talking about the guy...not exactly. Said (hypocrite!) boyfriend has his pants off at the time.
Oh yeah. She is funny. And I was thinking that she was some depressed suicidal teen all along...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home