Wednesday, April 23, 2008

And then again...

American Idol. Andrew Lloyd Webber week. Guess who rocked the place...and who didn't?

1. David Cook - The Music of the Night

I liked it. Yes. He has the advantage of having a deeper voice compared to the other guys, especially David A. He didn't impress me at first, performing on TV, but listening to the audio...that's really froody. Yes. Now go download. And don't give me that look; I still want him to be in the Final 2, together with David A.

On another unrelated note, is it me, or is his dressing getting better every week? Loved the whole black ensemble. Very Phantom, but also very rocker him. Hee.

2. Syesha - One Rock and Roll Too Many

Loved her! Seriously, she rocked the stage. Seemed so comfortable while she was singing. And that dress! Whooooooooooooooo!

3. David Archuleta - Think of Me

He changed the song, seriously, into a pop ballad (or adult contemporary, if you like). Very unexpected. Thought he would be doing this week's material faithfully. But the arrangement was super cool. Granted, it didn't show his voice...last week's was better. Was it, as Simon put it, "forgettable"? Go listen, and decide. But on the other hand, methinks he made the song memorable in his way, by changing the arrangement. Remember how people loved David Cook's "original" arrangements, even though vocally, he wasn't that great?

Loved his clothes this week! :) Though I had some issue with the jacket - was *yelling* at the TV, "Take off that jacket, David!"

4. Carly Smithson - Superstar

Because she looked so good and sounded so good!

Hmm...interesting. David Cook's Analog Heart is available online. Will go listen.

I still think it's unfair that someone who's selling an album right now is in a competition. I'd love him if he wasn't in American Idol, seriously =/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home