Sunday, November 18, 2007

Ook ook!

It means: I'M HAPPY!

Went to the Penguin Warehouse Sale yesterday. Very hot, very messy, and I wanted to start bawling halfway when I saw the mess. EVERYTHING was messed up, so you're not sure whether you're supposed to be looking at kids' picture books, or languages, or fiction, or cooking. Got a good haul though.

1. Oryx and Crake - Margaret Atwood
2. One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
3. The Mermaid Chair - Sue Monk Kidd
4. 1984 - George Orwell
5. Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason - Helen Fielding
6. Notes on a Scandal - Zoƫ Heller
7. The Whole Story and other stories - Ali Smith
8. The Children of Men - P. D. James
9. March - Geraldine Brooks

Price range from RM 10-12. All that for less than 100, wheeeee!

Found the last copy of Pratchett's A Hat Full of Sky in Pyramid MPH today. Double wheeeeeeee!

Went to Yuvy's open house last night. Triple wheeee! I think the others would be posting up the pictures on their Facebook profiles, so head over there and see yeah <3 Me likes Hanson. His eyes look like Ginger's. Caramel brown, I think I'll call it. Like ice cream with the burnt caramel ribbon in it - forget what it's called. (It's murder on my braces though.)

I should really start learning how to drive. And I'm desperate to drive to college next year, desperate, I tell you. You'd be too if you had seen the time-table. Most classes would be starting at 10 or later. Blah.

Less than a month left to complete Nano. Got a Nano message from Neil Gaiman in my inbox today. Pleased. The other author messages were from writers I didn't read...but Gaiman's different of course. I've reached the emo "but my writing is completely pointless!" stage. Hopefully the adrenalin rush at the end would be coming in time. I tend to work better under pressure anyway. So onwards onwards! :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home