Thursday, November 15, 2007

I'm a dreamer, waiting for the sun ~

Watched Amelie today. Downloaded the whole thing, bad resolution, but it was watchable. Subtitles were surprisingly good :)

Righto. Mini review, as usual.

Things I Liked:

1. Amelie!

2. Audrey Tatou's eyes were amazing

3. red and green theme

4. the whole quirky tone

5. the Glass Man and his obsession with Renoir's Luncheon of the Boating Party

6. The lines! One of my favourites -

Nino is late. Amelie can only see two explanations. 1 - He didn't get the photo. 2 - Before he could assemble it, a gang of bank robbers took him hostage. The cops gave chase. They got away... but he caused a crash. When he came to, he'd lost his memory. An ex-con picked him up, mistook him for a fugitive, and shipped him to Istanbul. There he met some Afghan raiders who took him to steal some Russian warheads. But their truck hit a mine in Tajikistan. He survived, took to the hills, and became a Mujaheddin...Amelie refuses to get upset for a guy who'll eat borscht all his life in a hat like a tea cozy.

7. It's like a fairy tale, without the blood and handsome prince and mushy happy ever afters. But it does make you feel good :)

8. Surrealistic realism? Realistic surrealism? Me likes a lot.

9. Nino. Not your average hot male lead, but he's just...lovable, with his quirks and oddities and everything.

10. Favourite scene - Amelie giving back the book of photos to Nino in the park without wanting him to see her. So shy, but so sweet

11. The travelling garden gnome - LMAO. Lotsa love from round the world, courtesy of Mr. Garden Gnome

12. Lucien!

13. The randomness!

14. Amelie's cat. Eyes with the exact shade of green I love seeing in cats

Now to get the real thing. Definitely filed under one of my favourite movies list, together with Pride and Prejudice and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Help help. I need to get out of this Nano stalemate. It's already the 15th and I haven't reached 25 000 words!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, the garden gnome and the postcards! LOL.

ooh and the part where amelie's mum died. I stone big time. what a freak accident.

And nino! So shweet!
oh, and the part where he realised tht the man in the photos was really just a photobooth repair
man. lol.

i love this movie!

12:29 pm, November 15, 2007  
Blogger Yuvha Dharshini said...

yeen! this saturday please remember our date! and and pls tell jessie can? I've lost my phone =(((. So i lost my contacts therefore need to rely on another technology(computer) to pass the msg.

zomg! grace is coming back already!!! Whee!!!

6:25 pm, November 15, 2007  
Blogger Lynn said...

Chin Lei!

Yep, loved it. But I still want to get the DVD =/ dah puas cari...

Yuvyhavy!

Yep, I remember la! =D Kay will tell Jess. See you on Saturday!

Grace coming back this week! Yaaay!

7:43 pm, November 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home