Moar chocolate pleez!
Er. Reading this particular blog about the strike currently on in the US by the Writers' Guild of America (WGA). You know, it's starting to give me some ideas. About downloading stuff illegally. Aha.
Anyway! Watched Chocolat (which, coincidentally, was a pirated DVD, aha) and it was -
AWESOME!
(because I love that adjective, don't you?)
MARVELLOUS!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Things I Liked:
1. Chocolate!
2. the whole feel of the movie - it felt like...I don't know...magical realism?
3. JOHNNY DEPP!
4. Johnny Depp with a guitar!
5. Johnny Depp with a ponytail!
6. More Johnny Depp! =D
7. Juliette Binoche was really pretty. And her acting was really good :)
8. Judi Dench! Loved her acidic lines.
9. the whole plot is - well, it makes you happy
10. beautiful cinematography
Oh wait. Wiki calls this novel part of the "magical realism" stream.
Alfred Molina - ahahahahha. Got caught red-handed in the chocolate shop.
Not so much romance, though it does look like one. I don't mind it at all.
Raided the fridge and finished the last bit of chocolate. Now I am HAPPY! <3
Now reading Pratchett's The Truth. It's about press and journalism and suchlike, and it seems, somehow...(if you would pardon the nonexistent pun :)...wordier than Pratchett's books for children. Pacing is slower, anyway, and one sentence looks like it contains more meaning than a sentence in the kids' books. Shall take my time, since I ate up the other amazing Pratchett book.
Someone asked the other day - 'How many Discworld books are there anyway?'
36!
And still writing. And that's not counting the other Discworld-related works like The Science of Discworld and ecksetera ecksetera.
Mr. Pin and Mr. Tulip remind me of Mr. Croup and Mr. Vandemar in Gaiman's Neverwhere though. Except that Mr. Tulip keeps talking like this - "Get the -ing hell out of this -ing place!" It's a speech impediment, don't worry. I'm sure the dashes are just, erm, there to fill in the space before the "ing".
Anyway! Watched Chocolat (which, coincidentally, was a pirated DVD, aha) and it was -
AWESOME!
(because I love that adjective, don't you?)
MARVELLOUS!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Things I Liked:
1. Chocolate!
2. the whole feel of the movie - it felt like...I don't know...magical realism?
3. JOHNNY DEPP!
4. Johnny Depp with a guitar!
5. Johnny Depp with a ponytail!
6. More Johnny Depp! =D
7. Juliette Binoche was really pretty. And her acting was really good :)
8. Judi Dench! Loved her acidic lines.
9. the whole plot is - well, it makes you happy
10. beautiful cinematography
Oh wait. Wiki calls this novel part of the "magical realism" stream.
Alfred Molina - ahahahahha. Got caught red-handed in the chocolate shop.
Not so much romance, though it does look like one. I don't mind it at all.
Raided the fridge and finished the last bit of chocolate. Now I am HAPPY! <3
Now reading Pratchett's The Truth. It's about press and journalism and suchlike, and it seems, somehow...(if you would pardon the nonexistent pun :)...wordier than Pratchett's books for children. Pacing is slower, anyway, and one sentence looks like it contains more meaning than a sentence in the kids' books. Shall take my time, since I ate up the other amazing Pratchett book.
Someone asked the other day - 'How many Discworld books are there anyway?'
36!
And still writing. And that's not counting the other Discworld-related works like The Science of Discworld and ecksetera ecksetera.
Mr. Pin and Mr. Tulip remind me of Mr. Croup and Mr. Vandemar in Gaiman's Neverwhere though. Except that Mr. Tulip keeps talking like this - "Get the -ing hell out of this -ing place!" It's a speech impediment, don't worry. I'm sure the dashes are just, erm, there to fill in the space before the "ing".

2 Comments:
I watched that when I was in my diapers. =V
But then you wouldn't have been able to understand the dialogue :)
plus, it was made in 2000 anyway. Were you reading when you were in diapers?
No wait - the book wasn't even written then. Got dark light, have you?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home